Friday, November 17, 2017

A Whole Week Dedicated to Those Underrated Books You Love!



Do you ever finish reading a book and wish you could tell everyone you know about it. Or better yet, somehow make them read it and love it as much as you did?

I love those books but, at the same time, I feel sad for them because in all their greatness, somehow, people are missing out on them. I mean how tragic is that?

I few years ago Nick from Nick and Nereyda's Infinite Booklist put a post together (on her then solo blog), and asked a few of us what books we thought were underrated and had us compile a list for her and then explain why we loved them so much. She then made a whole fun blog post about it. 

It was so much fun and even if just a few people read my post about them ( I don't know how interesting my personal words were to others at the time), I felt like I had accomplished something from it. After all, maybe they went to Amazon and ordered it or checked it out from their library or bought it from Barnes and Noble and what if, when they did, they loved it too. Who knows, stranger things do happen right?

So why am I bringing this up again you ask? It's simple, I think those books, and ones I've read since then, once again need to be put out there. They need recognition, heck, they need more love and acknowledgement. Those authors are rock stars and their books deserve to be known and bought and read and relished. 

And wouldn't it be even more fun if a few of my fellow book lovers and bloggers once again joined in and added their thoughts to the post as well? Of course it would be! 

So over the next few days, I'm putting together a post all about the love. The love for those underrated books we wish we could make everyone read and love too. Those that need an extra shout out, a hand up, a good boost into the world of hype. 

Hopefully this will be a fun chance introduce everyone reading to a new blogger or site too because who doesn't love meeting new people and following new blogs, I know I do. 

Starting next week I will have a whole slew of books for you take a look, maybe even a second look at and hopefully something for everyone to try and fall in love with.

A huge thank you to the bloggers who took part in this, it has been so much fun seeing what everyone choose and I know I definitely already have a few books added to my pile. 






28 comments:

  1. Yes, because that’s what we really need, Ali, is more books to read. My tbr is bad enough already! 😉❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I did think of that as I was making up the posts. And yes, sadly I did have to add some of them to my pile. Will I ever learn?

      Delete
  2. I hadn't heard of this, but I love the sound of this! Underrated books need love too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea! And good luck to my already overflowing pile, hihi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! I was thinking of doing a blog post on books I'm grateful for next week. I haven't decided yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I really hope you do I would love to check it out!

      Delete
  5. This is a great idea. More books to add to mt pile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how fun! I like finding new (to me) books and new bloggers too of course. One such book for me is Ballads of Suburbia by Stephanie Kuehnert (and just her as an author in general). I want EVERYONE to read that book.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great idea! Can't wait to see the outcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great idea! I always hope if I post on a book I love others will read it, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, especially when I'm so excited about them. I always hope that excitement will show in my reviews.

      Delete
  9. Great idea and thanks for including me Kindlemom xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is fun to see some of those underrated authors :) Hope you have fun with your event!

    ReplyDelete