Sometimes my TBR pile feels endless and while that is a good thing because hey, it means I always have something to read, it isn't always so good because it also means those series and trilogies I started (ahem) years ago, are still left undone. As in, I'm so behind I really need to finish them already and/or get caught up.
For the past couple of years I've done less ARCs and more books from my TBR pile, which has been amazing but still I somehow manage to start new series instead of finishing ones I've already started. Why is that? Am I crazy? Maybe.
So this year, as my one and only reading resolution, I've decided to try and concentrate on those series that really need some love.
I'm sort of embarrassed to even list all the book series I have started and want to finish, because let's face it, I don't want to finish them all because some of them, I think I've grown out of (Sookie Stackhouse series I'm looking at you) but others I do still really love and really do want to make a better effort at reading them.
So here is my tentative list of series I would really like to put a dent in this year. Some, like the In Death series would seriously take me years to catch up on but hey, I can try right?
1. The In Death Series by J.D. Robb. I adore this series but I am so very behind on it. I think there are over 40 books now in the series and I'm sadly on book 15 so there is probably no way I can get caught up but I can get closer right?
2. The Hollow series by Kim Harrison. I love this series and there are only 13 books and I'm on 9 but these books are seriously long and for whatever reason, love them or not, I can only take them in small doses (i.e. I usually can't read more than one or two at a time). But, I'm almost done so there is an end in sight.
3. The Iron Druid series by Kevin Hearne. This series is so much fun and I love that it is a UF told in the male perspective. I'm only on book three but I love it so far, I even own all the other books. I just need to make time to get caught up.
3. The Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi. This was originally a trilogy with two novellas but I see on Goodreads now, it looks like after a long hiatus, the author has decided to make this trilogy into a six book series (The Immortal Instruments anyone?). Not sure how I feel about that but I do want to at least finish this last book and then see how I feel about the other afterward. I do love this series though, love triangle and all.
4 The Monster Haven series by R.L. Naquin. This series is such a fun little quirky series and it only has 6 books ( and a couple of novellas) and I'm on book 4 so really, it won't take me long to get there, I just have to remember to read it. Sounds weird I know but for some reason, it is never my go to series and I can't say why since I really do have so much fun with it.
5. The Dispossessed by Page Morgan. I started this trilogy last year and read book one and I really liked it. I would love to finish book two and three this year and be able to check it off the list.
6. I first read the Winner's Trilogy when I got an ARC of the first book and I loved it, I really did but for some reason, I never continued this series. How sad is that? I really would like to but I know I will have to re-read the first because it has been way too long since I've read it and I think that is what is stopping me from continuing it. How sad (and lazy!) is that?
So that isn't too bad right, if you don't take into account that I'm about 30 books behind on the In Death series? Ha! :P
What about you, have any series you really wish you would just finish already?
I really do want to read as many of these as I can this year so wish me luck!