Thursday, October 20, 2011

No Rest For the Wicca by Toni LoTempio

Title: No Rest For The Wicca
Author: Toni LoTempio
Published By: Self Published (Oct. 20, 2010)
Genre: Urban Fantasy
My Rating: 4 Stars

Goodreads Description:
Communing with the dead is an everyday occurrence for PI Morgan Hawkes. A half-Wiccan witch who can commune with spirits of those caught between worlds, Morgan uses her talents to exorcise the trapped ghost or demon as part of the Paranormal Investigation Squad, until a string of murders with a voodoo slant prompts the Special Forces Agency to ask for her assistance. Someone's killing pureblood witches- and the SFA's convinced Morgan;s voodoo heritage could be instrumental in solving the mystery. Teamed with dashing SF agent Cole St. John an Inheritor Vampire that sets her blood racing the two of them must fight their deep attraction as they race to stop a madman from unleashing a demonic force upon the world.

My Review:
I really loved LoTempio's short story in Every Witch Way But Wicked so when she offered to let me read and review her book, I jumped right on it. I knew I was going to like it.
And I really did enjoy this read.
There were a few editing errors, which is to be expected, but nothing that distracted from the story in anyway.
I really liked how unique this story was, it isn't every day you read a story not only about witchcraft but voodoo as well. The main character Morgan was one of my favorite characters. I really liked her witty lines and how rough and tough she was while still caring for those she loved.
I liked watching her grow as she learned to let love in and accept her past wrongs and to learn to accept who and what she is. It was nice reading about a character that wasn't a push over and who stood up for what she believed in and wanted to right her wrongs and who didn't take crap from anyone.
And it wasn't hard reading about Cole either! :P

Overall I think this is a great book that anyone who loved the genre would really enjoy and I am looking forward to the next book.




No comments:

Post a Comment