Thursday, October 20, 2011

There You'll Find Me by Jenny B. Jones

Title: There You'll Find Me
Author: Jenny B. Jones
Series: Stand Alone Book
Published By: Thomas Nelson (Oct. 4, 2011)
Source: Publisher DTB Copy
My Rating: 5 Solid Stars

Goodreads Description:

In a small cottage house in rural Ireland, Finley discovers she can no longer outrun the past.
When Finley travels to Ireland as a foreign exchange student, she hopes to create a new identity and get some answers from the God who took her brother away and seems to have left her high and dry.
But from the moment she boards the plane and sits by Beckett Rush, teen star of the hottest vampire flicks, nothing goes according to Finley's plan.
When she gets too close to Beckett, a classmate goes on a mission to make sure Finley packs her bags, departs Ireland-and leaves Beckett alone.
Finley feels the pressure all around. As things start to fall apart, she begins to rely on a not-so-healthy method of taking control of her life.
Finley tries to balance it all-disasters on the set of Beckett's new movie, the demands of school, and her growing romance with one actor who is not what he seems. Yet Finley is also not who she portrays to Beckett and her friends.
For the first time in her life, Finley must get honest with herself to get right with God.

My Review:
This book completely blew me away. I don't even know where to begin to describe all the emotions I felt while reading this book and to describe just how good and real it was.
This is the first book that I have ever read by Jones and I was in awe with it after the first chapter, actually if I am to be completely honest here, I was already tearing up after reading the dedication. I knew after reading it, this book was going to be something special.
I had a really hard time putting it down and even though life was crazy while I was reading it, I still managed to read it all in one day.
I adored the characters in this book, every single one of them. They were all so flawed and those flaws just made them all the more great. Completely believable and I love that about this book.
Any book that can make you laugh one minute and have tears in your eyes the next is an exceptional book in my opinion.
This will definitely be right up there as one of my all time favorite reads from this year and will be one I know I will read again in the future.
Finley and Beckett were amazing. They were both so strong despite having some very real, very hard challenges in their lives and some very real flaws in their personalities, but, I think that is why I loved them so much. They were just so great together and (yes I keep saying this) but just believable in every way.
The only other thing I can really say about this book is that you really should read it for yourself. It is just amazing and so heartfelt. Jones is a very talented writer and it shows in this book.
This will definitely not be the last book I read by Jenny B. Jones, she has a new fan in me!

2 comments: