Sunday, May 13, 2012

Review: Transcendence by C.J. Omololu

Title: Transcendence
Author: C.J. Omololu
Series: Book One
Published By: Walker & Co. (June 5, 2012)
Source: ARC Provided by the Publisher
Genre: YA Fantasy
My Rating: 5 Stars

Goodreads Description:
 Love isn’t the only emotion to survive death . . .

When a visit to the Tower of London triggers an overwhelmingly real vision of a beheading that occurred centuries before, Cole Ryan fears she is losing her mind. A mysterious boy, Griffon Hall, comes to her aid, but the intensity of their immediate connection seems to open the floodgate of memories even wider.

As their feelings grow, Griffon reveals their common bond as members of the Akhet—an elite group of people who can remember past lives and use their collected wisdom for the good of the world. But not all Akhet are altruistic, and a rogue is after Cole to avenge their shared past. Now in extreme danger, Cole must piece together clues from many lifetimes. What she finds could ruin her chance at a future with Griffon, but risking his love may be the only way to save them both.

Full of danger, romance, and intrigue, Transcendence breathes new life into a perpetually fascinating question: What would you do with another life to live?

My Review:
  I have always been fascinated with the idea of reincarnation and past lives.
I mean truly how cool and strange would it be if it were real? If people really could remember a life before this one?

If they could remember every little detail and carry those memories with them and reuse them. Knowing how to speak foreign languages from the moment you could talk. Or knowing how to rebuild an engine from the moment you could pick up a wrench?
The things that you could do and know and take with you would be endless.

I think this fascination is why this book appealed so much to me, well that and the pretty eye catching cover.

I really liked Cole and Griffon. I liked all the mystery that surrounded their relationship from the beginning and only grew and intensified as the story went on. I loved their interactions with one another and the chemistry that was between them.

I really found myself getting completely caught up in their story. Everything from the characters to the plot to the ending was very well developed and laid out.

I really enjoyed how the story flowed and I was sad to see it end. I am so thankfully that there will be a sequel, Fated, out and I can't wait to see where the author takes their story from here. There is so much that could happen with the Akhet and not even to mention Connor and how that can all play out. I really hope that we get to see more of Cole's life from the 16th century.

It will be really interesting to see where the story goes from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment