Friday, February 22, 2013

Author Interview: Danika Stone and Her Book, Intaglio: Dragons All The Way Down!






Title: Intaglio: Dragons all the way Down
Author: Danika Stone
Series: Intaglio series, Volume 2


Synopsis: Ava Brooks and Cole Thomas share a connection; one forged from the memories of another life. The unravelling of the web of secrets begun in The Snake and the Coins continues as Ava finds herself caught in a growing conflict between Cole and Kip. In the wake of this tension, revelations emerge about the death of Cole’s sister. The dark stories hidden in the Thomas household hint at a personal history marred by tragedy. Art and history twine together as echoes from the past and present merge, pushing Ava to discover the truth inside herself: that love and loss are sometimes the same thing. As each new dream brings this other life closer, Ava and Cole must unravel the events that once tore them apart, or risk repeating the same mistakes all over again.

Available for purchase on Amazon in both paperback and kindle.



Author Biography: 
Danika Stone is a writer of contemporary fiction with a focus on strong female narratives. Besides being an educator, artist, grad student and mother of three, her involved in Arts and New Media has spanned a decade and a half. Danika's personal experiences and numerous friendships with contemporary artists are the inspiration behind this story. Her favourite reader and collaborator is her husband of fifteen years, D. The two of them met in a university Art class.
Author Website: www.danikastone.com










MGO: What is the one thing that makes Intaglio a must-read?

Danika: I’m completely biased, of course, [laughs] but I’d have to say that it’s Ava and Cole themselves. They’re both artists. Their language isn’t just what they say to one another, but their art, and blood, and violence. The fact that their tragic connection goes back to another life, adds a layer of desperation to their desire. Basically? I promise a spark that’ll burn up the page.

MGO: What inspires you to write?

Danika: Oh goodness, that really varies. Most of the time it starts with a story that just ‘clicks’. Something that really needs to be said, and won’t let me alone until I do. Once I get into the flow of writing, it’s a lot like painting. The details and conversations start to spin out on its own… sometimes I even dream about the characters. I can barely get the words out fast enough. Love that feeling!

MGO: Which character has been the hardest for you to write?

Danika: Writing, for me, is an immersion into the characters’ lives, and that can be really wonderful or really hard to manage. My current (as-yet unnamed) project involves a couple dealing with the breakdown of their marriage. Since my husband is my primary reader, he’s the one who gets to see this first hand. There’ve been evenings when he reads a chapter, and I see him wincing. [laughs] That’s a little bit hard to take. Intaglio was a lot more fun in that regard.

MGO: Now that you’ve finished the Intaglio series, what’s next?

Danika: I have a couple projects in the works that I’m really excited about! The first is Tathagata, which just made it to Round 2 of the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award. The second is Ctrl Z, which is now in the editing stage. Feel free to check out my website for sneak peeks!

MGO: Thanks for being here today! Anything else you want to say?

Danika: Thank you for inviting me to be part of your blog, and for all your readers, I’d invite them to come chat with me on twitter @danika_stone. I’d love to hear from them!



3 comments:

  1. I love that feeling of a story that just NEEDS to be told. I actually had a dream last night that was screaming to be told. I quickly wrote it down and hopefully will expand on it one day or incorporate it into another story. Love a romance that sizzles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one that I really need to read soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview. This sounds good, and what a beautiful cover.

    ReplyDelete