Winter brings plenty of gray, dreary days when icy winds, cold temperatures and snow
and rainstorms keep us cooped up inside. It is a time where it is nice to cozy up inside with a snuggly blanket and a good book. Winter can be a difficult season as we battle the winter blues, but there are ways to cure those days when you feel down. How about by reading a sweet, fun, fiery romance book to warm you up on those icy cold nights? To get you started, we are here to help with the return of :
Fiery Hot Reads for Icy Cold Nights or Fire and Ice for short.
Once again, I have help from three lovely ladies who just happen to be terrific bloggers. Maja@The Nocturnal Library, Candace@Candace's Book Blog and Ali@My Guilty Obsession will be helping me out with the event this year. From February 8-15th we will be featuring spicy, romance books to get you ready for Valentine's Day. We will be highlighting romantic read all week by doing blog guest posts, interviews and daily giveaways on our blogs.
Now it wouldn't be any fun if we didn't let you all join in would it?
If you want to participate in Fire and Ice 2014 there are two ways:
You can be a part of the Fiery Hot Reads for Icy Cold Nights Giveaway Blog Hop. To do so you must:
- Add your name to the linky list. Be sure to specify whether your giveaway is U.S. or International.
- Post a giveaway on your blog starting midnight on February 8th and run it through the 15th. I will be going through the list on the morning of the 8th and any blog that doesn't have a post up will be removed from the list.
- You must offer for a giveaway a romantic read or giftcard or something pertinent to the Fire and Ice theme. (Please keep this clean, we would prefer not to feature erotica).
- Use the Fire and Ice Blog Banners for your giveaway post (see them below).
The second way to participate:
- Do a Fire and Ice spotlight feature on your blog. Any day from February 8-15th you can highlight a romantic read of your choice on your blog by doing a review, author guest post/interview and then give away that book, ebook or physical copy or swag. We will not be featuring any erotic titles.
- Email any of the hostesses if you want to do a Fire and Ice feature and we will add your name to the master schedule. Be sure to include the title of the book and the author when emailing. Heidi@email@example.com, Ali@firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Candace@firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each day during the week, the host blogs will list all the spotlight stops for the day on their blogs. Hopefully, this will bring additional traffic to your blog.
Feel free to grab a button or banner for your blog. A huge thanks to Cambria Hebert who took time out of her insanely busy schedule to create these terrific buttons and banners. By the way, Cambria has a fantastic series that goes well with this theme: The Take It Off Series. Be sure to check it out!
Thanks everyone! See you in February!
Sign up for the blog hop here:
Here is the schedule:
Fire and Ice Blog Hop Giveaway Kickoff
Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings: Ophelia London: Definitely Maybe In Love
Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings: Jenn Bennett: High Spirits
Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings: Cambria Hebert: Take it Off Series
Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings: Heather Hildenbrand: A Risk Worth Taking
Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings: Misty Provencher
Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings: Eliza Gordon
Here are the buttons and banners: