Saturday, November 16, 2013

Mini Review: The Moth in the Mirror by A.G. Howard

Title: The Moth in the Mirror
Author: A.G. Howard
Series: Novella in the Splintered Series (#1.5)
Published By: Amulet Books (October 22, 2013)
Source: Purchased
Genre: YA Fantasy
My Rating: 4 Stars!


Book Description:
An original ebook-only novella in the Splintered series, told from the points of view of both Jeb and Morpheus. Morpheus wants to know more about his rival for Alyssa's affections, so he digs into Jeb's memories of his time in Wonderland. But he may be surprised by what he finds. 

This brand-new story and perspective from A.G. Howard's dark, magical world stands alone, but also provides a tantalizing glimpse of what's to come in Unhinged, the sequel to Splintered.






My Thoughts and Review:
I would not be doing this book justice if I didn't mention how gorgeous the cover is. So far, every single book in the series has a cover that is just...wow. They appeal to my inner cover whore like no other. 

And the truly great thing about this series is that they aren't just a pretty cover. There is some mind blowing writing going on as well and when I knew there was going to be a short story all about Jeb and Morpheus, I couldn’t pass it up. To get inside their heads, even for a moment, well, I knew I needed to buckle up because it was going to be a fun crazy ride!

It was so much fun too see what Jeb and Morpheus were up to while Al was off on her own in Wonderland. To see just how truly devious Morpheus was during that time and to know how loyal Jeb was was just fantastic and added a whole new depth and understanding to Splintered. 

This is the perfect hold you over until the release of Unhinged! It had all the same fabulous characters we love and the fabulous writing we have come to expect from Howard. 


A great addition to the series for sure.






*All thoughts and opinions are my own and were not influenced by the author or publisher. I was not compensated for this review.*

13 comments:

  1. Sounds great to me. :-)

    http://emaginette.wordpress.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by emaginette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover is lovely and of course I still need to read this series but I am delighted you enjoyed it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you would like this series Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read Splintered yet, but I got it just cause the cover is so stunning. So I definitely agree about the covers! I'm so happy to hear this series is great though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found that my library has book 1! so I will be getting that one next :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review and you're right the cover is beautiful. I haven't read Splintered, but it's on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a good series! You and Tressa are adding way too many books to my "to read" list!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so odd how this series never worked for me! I mean, I finished the first book, but I wasn't impressed at all. Mostly I disliked Jeb, to be honest.
    Still, I'm very glad you're enjoying it. I just bet these two were fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Paij!

    I am sorry you didn't like this one Maja.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't know there was a novella, but I never keep up on novellas. I am so irritated I got declined for Unhinged... GRR.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't even know there was a novella for this series! So happy to hear this isn't just a gorgeous cover (though it also has that). Lovely review, glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete