Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Books in Series You Just Can't Wait To Read

In light of my post last week about books in series that I feel I will never get caught up on, I thought it would be fun to do a post that reflects the opposite (in a way) with those books in series that once they release you gobble them up immediately. Those series that you are so hooked on, you never get the chance to get behind on. You know the series I'm talking about, we all have them, we all love them, and we all are on edge for each new book to release.

In light of last weeks post, here is the lighter side, those series that I never get behind on: 



The Cainsville Series. I've been hooked on this series from book one and while there are only going to be five books in the series (and a handful of novellas) I've read them all as soon as they have been released. With the last book out this year, I truly am so sad it will be over. 




Cecy dazzled me with her fun loving feisty characters in her Weird Girls series and after the first book I gobbled them up as soon as they came out (many times acquiring an ARC of the next book before it hit shelves) and the spin off series wasn't any different. I continue to gobble them up and have loved them all. 


It is hard for me to resist a good ghost story and this series tells some of the best. With it's chilling ghosts and danger everywhere, it is one that I am always up reading until the wee hours of the morning.



And speaking of ghost stories, another of my favorite since discovering it has to be J.L. Bryan's, Ellie Jordan series, it is so much fun and never fails to give me chills and have me looking over my shoulder. Thankfully the man writes fast and I never have long to wait for the next installment. 



Okay so these next two are only a couple of books into the series but so far I haven't been able to get enough of them and even though the Armstrong one just barely came out, I'm already anxious for the next one. 



I'm always on the lookout for something different in the UF genre and this series is it. It's so unique and I think that is why with each new book, I read them right away, just to see what is happening next. 


Okay so I'm sort of cheating with this one because I haven't read the latest book yet but that is only because I'm waiting for it to be closer to the fifth and very sadly last book to be out before starting it but I've devoured this series from the very beginning and it is still one of my top ten favorite UF series of all time.


Suzanne Johnson's Sentinels of New Orleans quickly became a favorite after the second book, I mean seriously, what is not to love about a feisty sexy pirate and a grouchy but lovable shifter? I never miss a chance to dive back into the heart of NOLA in this fabulous series. 



Not only is this one of the few YA authors that I still pick up without hesitation but it's one of my few dystopain ones as well. I loved the first three books in the series and so far the spinoff series has proven to be every bit as wonderful. 


What is there not to love about this series, I mean Reyes people, enough said. Truly though, I love how much this series makes me laugh each time. It has just enough humor to outweigh the deeper issues and the darker mysteries and the characters, every single one of them is just...amazing. 

So yeah, that's my list of series that I can't seem to put on hold. Those that everything else gets put on hold for. Laundry doesn't get done, sometimes dinner ends up being take out, you the know the ones, the ones we are like little kids on Christmas morning waiting for the release date to roll around on. 

32 comments:

  1. Wow! All the books sound good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading only two of these have to have the minute they're out series Kindlemom and there are a few I'm looking at to adding to my ever growing (thanks in part to you) pile ;-0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL sorry Debbie! It is so hard to resist sometimes though isn't it> :P

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh, there's a few on your list that's on my list too not to mention series Enders that I have yet to pick up! I do intend to do an Amanda Stevens binge read. I'm psyching myself to crave something dark lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will love her and now that all the books are out it is a perfect time to start her. ;)

      Delete
  4. Awesome list. I am reading all but one of these series and behind in Grimes series. (kicks-self)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least Grimes writes slow so you have time to catch up. ;) I'm sure I could of added a ton more but these are the ones that always seem to stand out to me the most.

      Delete
  5. That is a good amount of series you keep up with!! Good job! I am awful with series but there are a few I try to stay current with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how you never realize how many you read until you try to make a list of them. :P

      Delete
  6. I am caught up on almost all the series on your list except Throne of Glass and Omens. I started Omens last year and loved the first one, the second was just okay, hated the love triangle not sure if I should go on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could say that gets better but it is a big part of the series because of the myth/legend that they are all involved in. I think it gets easier to read though but you are still stuck with the whole, love them both want them both to win thing.

      Delete
  7. You have so many on my list and a few I think I want to put on that fave list. :) Really need to start Omens b/c I haven't read an Armstrong book in way too long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is a favorite and the last book comes out this year so it's the perfect time!

      Delete
  8. I’ve only read the first book in Charley Davidson series from your list. I also have Throne of Glass and The Program on my tbr-list. That’s all. Lol. I’m a contemporary girl, so I’m not surprised. Thanks for sharing, Ali! I’ll check out these series.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great selection here! Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am reading a few of these but I am really behind on them even though I have the second or third book sitting in my tbr pile. Too many good books out there. Anything by Dannika Dark,Amber Lynn Natusch, Samantha Towle or J.T.Geissinger I grab up immediately. There are of course others!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you are reading some of them and yeah, we all have those authors we can't wait to read and those we love but put on hold just because.

      Delete
  11. I'm a Kelley Armstrong fan now having just read City of the Lost and the sequel recently. They were both great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yay that is awesome! I'm so glad you read them and loved them too!

      Delete
  12. The Weird Girls is such a good series! And I'm a book behind on Throne of Glass, eep. Oh The Program was good, but need to finish that series too haha. Hope you enjoy the rest of the series of these books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! So happy to see another fan of Cecy's! Isn't she a fabulous writer?

      Delete
  13. I've fallen behind on the Cainsville series. I need to get caught up. I also need to start that other new series you had listed from her. I haven't started Weird Girls, but I want to. Same with Amanda Stevens. So many books, so little time.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  14. There are a lot of series on your list that I want to read, but only one that I actually am. The Veil was so so good! It has me salivating for the next book already. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a few of these on my tbr pile and probably because of you! lol

    ReplyDelete