Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Spirit Storm by E.J. Stevens

Title: Spirit Storm (Spirit Guide #2)
Author: E.J. Stevens
Published By: Sacred Oaks Press (Jan. 1, 2011)
Genre: YA Paranormal
My Rating: 5 Stars

Goodreads Description:
"Let the spirits guide you, but never let them take you."

Spirits of the Dead are coming...

Yuki is about to face an army of lost souls on Samhain, the night of Halloween, when the spirits of the dead roam free. Yuki will need all the help she can get from her friends, but will Calvin be there for her when she needs him the most? 


My Review:
First off, isn't this cover gorgeous? It completely drew me in, if I didn't already love this series, the cover would have made me want to pick it up and give it a try and I do love this series.
I love Yuki's personality. She is such a fun character, in fact I would go as far to say she is one of the best characters I have read in a YA series. Not only is she funny but she is fierce. She is strong and loyal  and doesn't care what others think about her. She knows how to get the job done and would do anything for those she loves.
Her friends are all amazing, it is hard not to love them just as much as I do Yuki. Cal is beyond the perfect boyfriend, Emma is loyal and true and even crazy Simon is completely loveable.  
I love the bond that they all have together. I love that they don't fight with each other(well except for the yummy tension between Emma and Simon), that they stick together and are all different enough that they compliment each other in unexpected ways.
E.J. Stevens is an amazing writer and I can't wait to read the next book in the series.
If you haven't tried this series yet, please do, you won't be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment