Saturday, August 6, 2011

Until There Was You by Kristan Higgins

Title: Until There Was You
Author: Kristan Higgins
Published By: Harlequin (October 25, 2011)
Genre: Chick Lit/Contemporary Romance
Source: ARC Copy E-Galley
My Rating: 5 Stars

Goodreads Description:
She’s having serious prom-night déjà vu…

Posey Osterhagen can’t complain. She owns a successful architectural salvaging company, she’s surrounded by her lovable, if off-center, family and she has a boyfriend—sort of. Still, something’s missing. Something tall, brooding and criminally good-looking… something like Liam Murphy.

When Posey was sixteen, the bad boy of Bellsford, New Hampshire, broke her heart. But now he’s back, sending Posey’s traitorous schoolgirl heart into overdrive once again. She should be giving him a wide berth, but it seems fate has other ideas…


My Review: 
 First let me say that I love Kristan Higgins' writing, I love how her sense of humor comes through in all her books. I love how you become attached to all the characters in her stories, whether they be the main characters, secondary characters or characters of the canine sorts, you love them all.
I was so excited to be able to read this book and not have to wait until the release day because, I look forward to all Higgins' books and wait, sometimes, not so patiently for the next one to come out.
I really like how she tried something different with this one, where we not only get the point of view from one MC but from both MCs. I wasn't sure I was going to like it to be honest and it wasn't until a couple of chapters in that I did finally decide that I liked having both their point of views.
Would I want her to write all her books this way in the future? No, but it was a nice change and I did enjoy it.
I really liked reading this book, about remembering your first loves, your first crushes, your first heartaches about true friends and what it really important in life.
I think I have yet to read one of Kristan Higgins' books and not gotten attached to the characters and gotten teary eyed at their heartbreaks and then again at their triumphs. Laughed out loud at their humor and smiled at their antics and been able to relate of some level with at least one thing that was going on in their life.
That to me, if why I keep coming back to Higgins' work, why I wait anxiously for her next book to come out and devour it when it does and am sad when it is over.
If you haven't tried one of her books please do, you won't regret it, they are wonderful and warm and everything you expect in a happy ending with a happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment