Thursday, December 29, 2011

Indie Book of the Week: Straight To Hell by Michelle Scott

Title: Straight To Hell
Author: Michelle Scott
Series: First Book in Lilith Straight Series
Published: September 8, 2011
Genre: Urban Fantasy
My Rating: 4 Stars


Goodreads Description:
The moment Lilith Straight dies, the Devil appears to claim her soul and cash in on a family curse. Now, Lilith has no choice but to work for him. The job is bad, the boss is worse and she can’t imagine how she’ll explain her new reincarnation to her eight-year-old daughter. But then an arrogant, yet oh so yummy, incubus shows up…and hell heats up just a little more.
My Review:
Michelle Scott is a very talented writer and her book was very well written and will definitely capture your attention with its witty dialog and unique storyline.

The humor is very well done, I really like Lilith's sarcastic sense of humor and her family is just as humorous. To their crazy lifestyle to their witty comebacks. None of them have it easy in this book, in fact they down right have a horrible go at just trying to make it on their own and survive.
And while this book was lighthearted it dealt with some real hard issues throughout with Lilith just trying to make good choices and do what was right for her family and herself and still stay afloat.

My only issue with this book is that, while Lilith was a strong character and I understand some of the choices that she had to make, I couldn't help but be disappointed with her choices and the path she choose to follow. I didn't find myself really liking her all that much to be honest and I was a little sad that the ending didn't have any kind of real conclusion to it.

I do understand this is the first book in a planned series so I look forward to seeing what Scott has in store now for Lilith and just where her life and chooses will take her from here.

I think this will be a great fun series and I really think a lot of people will really enjoy it.



2 comments:

  1. I love how you always do the indie reads. I am on the fence on this one because of your honest review. With so many books out there I might wait until book 2 comes along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heidi! I try to do one every week but it doesn't always happen.

    ReplyDelete