Monday, December 19, 2011

Review: Everneath by Brodi Ashton

Title: Everneath
Author: Brodi Ashton
Series: Book One in the Everneath Series
Published By: Harper Collins (Jan. 24, 2012)
Source: ARC Copy Netgalley
Genre: YA Paranormal/Mythology
My Rating: 5 Solid Stars


Goodreads Description:
Last spring, Nikki Beckett vanished, sucked into an underworld known as the Everneath, where immortals Feed on the emotions of despairing humans. Now she's returned- to her old life, her family, her friends- before being banished back to the underworld... this time forever.

She has six months before the Everneath comes to claim her, six months for good-byes she can't find the words for, six months to find redemption, if it exists.

Nikki longs to spend these months reconnecting with her boyfriend, Jack, the one person she loves more than anything. But there's a problem: Cole, the smoldering immortal who first enticed her to the Everneath, has followed Nikki to the mortal world. And he'll do whatever it takes to bring her back- this time as his queen.

As Nikki's time grows short and her relationships begin slipping from her grasp, she's forced to make the hardest decision of her life: find a way to cheat fate and remain on the Surface with Jack or return to the Everneath and become Cole's...

My Review: 
Breathless.

If I had to choose one word to describe Everneath I think breathless would just about cover it.
I felt myself holding my breath throughout the book, wondering what would happen next, agonizing over the ending, hoping against hope I wasn't right about certain things.
And then other times the sweet romance and beautiful writing were the things that took my breath away.
So yes, I think breathless would be a good word to describe this amazing book written by a very talented debut author.

I am actually surprised that the reviews for this one are kind of all over the place. I don't know about others but I found myself completely captivated by this story. Whisked into the story and held there captive by the characters and writing. It demanded that I gave it my attention and refused to let go until its story was told.

It was beautiful and haunting and mysterious and even though I saw the ending coming I still gasped out loud at the injustice of it all and wanted more. I turned to the last page sad that it was over and wishing that the next books release date was right around the corner instead of long agonizing months away.

This book completely blew me away. The writing, the characters, the mythology. Everything.
Brodi Ashton is a debut author and you would never know it from this book. It is seriously amazing. I don't even have the words to describe it. The story stuck with me long after I finished reading it, days even, heck I am still thinking about it.

I just know this series will quickly become a favorite.

I fell in love with Jack and even, despite my better judgment, found myself caring about Cole and softening towards him as the story progressed. I know there is so much more to learn about him, Nikki and Jack and what their future holds for them..
I can't wait to see what Ashton has in store for the next book. I want more Jack, Nikki and Cole. I was not ready for their story to end.

9 comments:

  1. I am glad you liked it? Yes the reviews are all over the place but I definitely want to read it! How is Illumintaed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did like it, I loved it in fact!
    It surprises me the reviews are all over like they are.

    Illuminated was good, not what I thought it was going to be exactly though, still good.
    I plan on writing a review for it soon too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. New follower here via Goodreads Blogger Lift!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for following Nicki! I appreciate it!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book looks breathless and beautiful indeed! I mean, look at that alluring cover. And your review makes me want to read it even more. Thanks! Hope you have a great week!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh! I can't wait for this :D Is it a series? Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taneika it will be part of a series and I am so excited about that! I can't wait to read the second one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read such great things about this. Glad you enjoyed it. I'm a new follower :)


    Mini Holiday Ebook Giveaway:
    Mini Holiday Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review! Can't wait for its release tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete