Saturday, December 31, 2011

Reading Challenge For 2012: 12 Dystopian Post-Apocalyptic in 12 Months

So with the coming new year literally right around the corner I thought it would be fun to challenge myself a little more than the normal read so many books over the year. 
I mean, why not expand that challenge and do something like read so many *insert genre here* instead? I mean, that is fun right? And it gets me to broaden my horizons a little too which I am always up for in books so when I saw the challenge posted on a friend's blog I knew it would be the challenge for me.

The challenge I decided to do?
I know you are just dying to know right? Right?

I decided to go with Rosey's Review challenge of 12 dystopian Post-Apocalyptic in 12 Months.


I realized that this is probably the genre I read from the least but yet when I do read them I really enjoy them, so why not. Plus, lets face it, there are a lot of these books that are coming out next year that just look fabulous or ones even from this year that I just never got around to reading!

So in lew of all those fabulous upcoming releases (and ones of the past), these are the 12 that I have chosen to read. Of course, this could change but for now, here is my tentative, "these books look great I MUST read them next year list."




1. Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver. I mean, this was a no brainer because Delirium was FABULOUS so of course I want to read the sequel and honestly I would have even without this challenge.


 2. The Selection by Kiera Cass, I mean look at that gorgeous cover! I have to read it based on the cover alone.






 3. ExtraNormal by Suze Reese, again, look at that cover! Doesn't it just draw you in and beg for you to open it up and read it?




4. Matched by Ally Condie, okay this isn't new as far as released in 2012 but it will be new to me because I actually have this in my TBR pile and have yet to read it, so why not read it for this challenge?




5. Shattered by Kailin Gow. I read the first book in this series, Desire and I really enjoyed it so this is the perfect time to read the second one.




6. Divergent by Veronica Ross, again, I have had this book since it came out and just haven't found the time to read it even though I have heard some amazing things about it. 


7. Eve by Anna Carey. I think I must have a thing for covers because this one is just beautiful and therefore drew me in and is demanding that I read it too.


8. Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi. This one just sounds so interesting!


9. Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. I have heard so many great things about this book that it really is a must read. 


10. This Is Not a Test by Courtney Summers. I actually marked this to read on goodreads the moment I saw it.




11. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows. Gorgeous gorgeous cover!


12. Wither by Lauren DeStefano. I am ashamed to admit that once again, I actually own this book and just haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Hopefully I will be able to with this challenge.




So, there you have it. All 12 books, in no particular order that I would love to read and review next year.
Whew! That is quite the list! Think I can get through them all? I really hope I can and I really do plan on doing my best with this list.
But, just in case, wish me luck!








6 comments:

  1. Wow, you are going to have a great time reading all those books! Incarnate, Under the Never Sky, Shatter Me and Divergent are AMAZING reads. You are in for a treat! Good luck with your challenge and I hope you have fun. :)

    I just discovered your blog! New follower. :)

    Sam @ Realm of Ficton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sam!

    I really am looking forward to a lot of them! can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I am glad you joined the challenge! You are way more on the ball than I am you even picked your books. I am not commiting yet but Shatter Me, Incarnate, Cinder and Under the Never Sky are all on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well it is a tentative list but they all sound so good so hopefully I will get to them all. The hard part will be choosing which one to read first. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. *sigh* there are some GREAT dystopian books out right now!! Great choice!!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. .I really like the content in this website, are all new things and new lesson for us this very increase knowledge becomes more widely,
    obat pereda asma bronkial tradisional

    ReplyDelete