Wednesday, October 7, 2015

WoW Pick of the Week



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to share those new releases were are super anxious to get our hands on and read.


This series will always be in my top five UF series. It truly has everything, I mean Every.Thing, I love in a UF series. I can't wait to see what happens next!







Book Description:

In a small village in New York lives Jane Doe, a girl with no memory of who she is or where she came from. So when she is working at a diner and slowly begins to realize she can see dead people, she's more than a little taken aback. Stranger still are the people entering her life. They seem to know things about her. Things they hide with lies and half-truths. Soon, she senses something far darker. A force that wants to cause her harm, she is sure of it. Her saving grace comes in the form of a new friend she feels she can confide in and the fry cook, a devastatingly handsome man whose smile is breathtaking and touch is scalding. He stays close, and she almost feels safe with him around.


But no one can outrun their past, and the more lies that swirl around her—even from her new and trusted friends—the more disoriented she becomes, until she is confronted by a man who claims to have been sent to kill her. Sent by the darkest force in the universe. A force that absolutely will not stop until she is dead. Thankfully, she has a Rottweiler. But that doesn't help in her quest to find her identity and recover what she's lost. That will take all her courage and a touch of the power she feels flowing like electricity through her veins. She almost feels sorry for him. The devil in blue jeans. The disarming fry cook who lies with every breath he takes. She will get to the bottom of what he knows if it kills her. Or him. Either way.





57 comments:

  1. Oh damn. I still need to read the 8th book! I just looked up the series and there's books listed up to 11! I'm excited. And she's putting them out fairly quick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too! I think I even need to read book seven. *hides in shame*

      Delete
  2. I haven't read the series but I do love this cover!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness, you need to read this series it truly is so much fun!

      Delete
  3. Seriously, I need to get on this series! I keep forgetting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hell yeah! I want this one baaaaaad. <3 Reyes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this one yet, but I do love a good urban fantasy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of the best, it truly has everything you could ask for in UF. ;)

      Delete
  6. 9 books already! I hope this one will be just as amazing for you, Ali! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to just sit down and binge read this series Ali! I've read the first book but haven't read any others because I fear the cliffhangers I know are going to be waiting for me. But, Reyes. I need more of him!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cliffhangers are tough which is why I try to save up two or more to binge read too. ;)

      Delete
  8. Haven't heard of the series, but it sounds fun. Urban fantasy is a recent genre that I've discovered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a fun genre! So glad you discovered it! This is a great one to add to the list to read for sure!

      Delete
  9. Can I just fall over and *swoon* because Reyes!! Anyways- Yes! I'm a tad beind, but I so love this series. I hope you grab yourself a copy soon and enjoy, Ali :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! I still need to read 7 and 8 but I'll get there. I like to save them up and devour them in a week. ;)

      Delete
  10. Great waiting on post Ali I have wanted to try this author forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh definitely do Debbie, she really is fabulous!

      Delete
  11. oh yes! awesome pick <3 i love that series, grabby hands want!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds interesting! I've never read any of this series but it will definitely have to be on my list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Erin, you have got to try her! You will fall in love with Reyes guaranteed!

      Delete
  13. I would never take this for a UF book considering the book cover! Even so, the synopsis sounds alluring; I do enjoy cozy mystery reads - although, I don't think this one is cozy by any means ha! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ack this series just keeps going on and on! I need to get back to this series asap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a fun one though. ;) I'm behind as well so don't feel bad!

      Delete
  15. Oh, man, I still haven't got around to reading her! I must be the only sucker on the planet who hasn't done it yet... This one sounds very lovely, Ali, thanks for sharing it with us :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah you aren't the only one but she really is worth the read. ;)

      Delete
  16. yes please. Need this one. Just saw the cover for the tenth book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw it today too and that synopsis! Gah!

      Delete
  17. This series just keeps going! I've never read any of them. I hope you enjoy reading this one.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ack. I have so far to go once I start these. lol Hope you love it when it arrives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry once you start it will be super hard to stop and you'll be thankful you have so many to read. ;)

      Delete
  19. Love the cover, has me wanting coffee ;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Me WANT and NEED!!!!!! :D You can say I'm in agreement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I, Ali, am SUPER, DUPER, FREAKING EXTRA DUPER fan of coffee so BUT OF COURSE, I'm in love with the cover of this one (save the skulls, though ;) ) I hope you like this one girl! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skulls totally make sense if you've read the other books. ;) I do hope you try this though, it is a fabulous fun series!

      Delete
  22. This sounds so, so creepy and chilling. I haven't read many books that combine paranormal activity and psychological thrill, but this sounds like it will do that wonderfully. Thank you for putting this under my radar and, as always, fabulous choice! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  23. I cannot even think about starting a 9 book series.....But this looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow, 9 books already. I finally got the first book - just need to find time to start this series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you are planning on starting it though!

      Delete
  25. YES!! I bought the novella yesterday and hope to read it this weekend and review it in December..LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw there was a novella! Is this the first one?

      Delete
  26. I've only read the first two. I'm so far behind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's okay, that just means you can binge read them! :P

      Delete
  27. i have read the first one, and have the next two to read. I don't know why I haven't dove back in to them like I know I really should!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't completely hooked after the first but by the second it was all over. ;)

      Delete