Friday, June 3, 2016

Review: For A Few Demons More by Kim Harrison

Title: For A Few Demons More
Author: Kim Harrison
Series: Book Five in The Hollows Series
Published By: Harper Voyager (March 20, 2007)
Source: Purchased
Genre: Urban Fantasy
My Rating: 4 Stars!


Book Description:
Despite dating one vampire and living with another, Rachel Morgan has stayed ahead of trouble until now. A serial killer stalks the Hollows, claims victims across society, and ignites a vicious Inderland gang war. Rachel hides an ancient artifact that could stop the killer or start a battle to the death among supernatural races of Cincinnati. Every action has its price. When the vampire master Piscary is set free and the demonic Algaliarept dares to walk openly under the sun, even Rachel Morgan can't hide forever.








It was so darn good to get back into this world. Even though I knew I loved this series, it was a huge reminder just why I love it.

Once again Rachel has gotten herself into a sticky situation. One full of danger, lies, and oh yeah, demons. The stakes are getting higher and not everyone is going to come out of this one alive. 

There were so many feels with this, I don't even know where to begin. So much was revealed and said, and done. 

I can't even begin to express how much I love this series. It took me awhile to get into it, in fact three whole books before I completely felt the love but once that love blossomed, it really bloomed. 

I've seen others say this book was a turning point to the series and I absolutely agree. With all the things that happened it was impossible for anyone to come out of it the same. To be unchanged in some way or another. 

I don't want to spoil anything but I will say this, these friends, their bond and love for one another, is what makes this series so fantastic. I've always said that sometimes the best family are those we pick to be a part of instead of those we are sometimes born into and that is the case with Ivy, Jenks,and Rachel. There are so many good characters in this, great characters and of course even and some it's impossible not to hate with a fiery passion and I couldn't help but love Harrison for her ability to do that. 

If you are hesitating to try this series, don't. It's fantastic and even though like me, it might take you a bit to warm up to it, take that chance anyways, I don't think you'll regret it. 




44 comments:

  1. Another series and author that I've always wanted to read. How many books, Ali?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are 13 so, yeah a lot but they are worth it!

      Delete
  2. I've been wanting to read this series for years. Every time I go in my local book shop the books are constantly on display because the setting is local.

    Simply Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how fun that the setting is in your area. I think you would like these, they are so much fun, especially after you really get into them.

      Delete
  3. I love the sound of the friendships in this one. It's definitely a part that would make me want to pick up the book. But it's also such a long series! I don't know if I want to invest my time in a long series now. I'll definitely add it to my list though for if I change my mind. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an investment but a good one and yes, the secondaries are amazing. Definitely add it to the pile Nick. ;)

      Delete
  4. Oooh looks like a great UF. Thanks for this review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yet another series on my UF wish list. I'm sure I'll be picking it up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy you are reading these and love the walk down memory lane! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review Kindlemom, I hadn't read Harrison before so when The Drafter came out I picked it up and started reading it but time constraints made me stop. I guess its time to pick it back up again! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan on starting that series as soon as I'm done with this one. Hopefully we both like it. ;)

      Delete
  8. Oh great review! This is another series I want to start and I'm so glad this latest installment was great!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Eva, I'm so glad it was as well.

      Delete
  9. This sounds like a great series. All I've read of her are The Peri Reed Chronicles - waiting for book 2:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like an interesting book~
    But I am not so sure If I am going to read this
    Great review
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sakuranko for stopping by, have a nice weekend!

      Delete
  11. I never really liked Ivy, which is strange because UF is still my no. 1 genre. I did read the first four books or so, but while I understand the attraction, I was never really into them. I'm glad you feel differently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maja, it did take me quite awhile to warm up to them so I can see that.

      Delete
  12. Yes, this one I knew will take me a bit to warm up to the series. Been told by several people that will happen. I haven't read further than the first book and I so need to fix that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it wasn't until about book three for me but hopefully it will be sooner for you. ;)

      Delete
  13. Oh I miss this series!! You just reminded me how good it is. Great review :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Hollows is one of my favorite series, and I think it just gets better with each book. I am amazed at how Harrison must have had a chart with her plot-lines when she started writing, because something smallish that happened in book 1 or 2 will be a major plot point in a much later book.
    I'm glad you enjoyed For a Few Demons More, and hope you'll continue loving the series :)
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOo I keep a lookout for what that is then. ;)

      Delete
  15. Ah yes I love love love this series! so good!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this series so much. Jenks is still my all-time favorite sidekick. I miss this series so bad. I'm thinking there needs to be a relisten in my future soon. :-) I hope you continue to enjoy.

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I love Jenks! I think he is my favorite as well. I love what comes out of that pixies mouth. :P

      Delete
  17. I'm doing a Kate Daniels Read A Long with Candace, I'm targetting either this or Darynda Jones next. It helps motivate me to catch up and get acquainted with the classics. Sad the planned TV series for this fell through

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I didn't know they had one planned. That is too bad, I would have loved that I think.

      Delete
  18. Have you finished your binge yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With this series for now. I made it to book nine and then I decided I needed a break. ;)

      Delete
  19. I need to try and catch up with this and Darynda Jones and Kate Daniels as well. I also see that you made it to Nine - Yay!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, so far so good. Only five to go LOL! These do read fast even though they are super long which is nice.

      Delete
  20. I'm glad you are loving this series! This is one of my top recommended series at my bookstore. I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sooo much happens, it's crazy. Love this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a lot that happens and I'm not even close to the end yet!

      Delete
  22. This is one series I've still not started but I think everyone I know just loves it. 3 books in. That's some dedication! Yay for it totally winning you over though :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I wouldn't normally hold out that long but everyone I trusted said to hang in there so I did and I really am glad that I did. ;)

      Delete