Wednesday, June 15, 2016

WoW Pick of the Week



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to share those new releases were are super anxious to get our hands on and read.


Harper Teen always comes out with some of my most favorite reads and this new series by  Kendra Blake looks fantastic. From the cover to the description, it is one I want to get my hands on.






Book Description:



Every generation on the island of Fennbirn, a set of triplets is born: three queens, all equal heirs to the crown and each possessor of a coveted magic. Mirabella is a fierce elemental, able to spark hungry flames or vicious storms at the snap of her fingers. Katharine is a poisoner, one who can ingest the deadliest poisons without so much as a stomachache. Arsinoe, a naturalist, is said to have the ability to bloom the reddest rose and control the fiercest of lions.

But becoming the Queen Crowned isn’t solely a matter of royal birth. Each sister has to fight for it. And it’s not just a game of win or lose…it’s life or death. The night the sisters turn sixteen, the battle begins. The last queen standing gets the crown.

If only it was that simple. Katharine is unable to tolerate the weakest poison, and Arsinoe, no matter how hard she tries, can’t make even a weed grow. The two queens have been shamefully faking their powers, taking care to keep each other, the island, and their powerful sister Mirabella none the wiser. But with alliances being formed, betrayals taking shape, and ruthless revenge haunting the queens’ every move, one thing is certain: the last queen standing might not be the strongest…but she may be the darkest.




67 comments:

  1. I've been seeing this one around. I'm not a fan of Kendare Blake but I'm highly considering reading this one :)

    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you don't like her writing style you might not like it but then again, you never know. ;)

      Delete
  2. Holy crap! This sounds like Tudors meets Game of Thrones craziness! I am so there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so excited for this one, but I've been noticing a lot of meh reviews and I'm scared. I'm still giving it a try because the concept sounds amazing, but I'll have to lower my expectations.
    Great pick, Ali!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I saw that too Nick. Hopefully you will like it. ;)

      Delete
  4. This is going to be a priority read for me when it comes out, even though I haven't liked a Blake book since Anna Dressed In Blood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it terrible that that is the only one I've read of her's even though I own all the others?

      Delete
  5. HarperTeen always comes out with some of my most anticipated reads of the year too Ali, and this is no different! CANNOT. WAIT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they are by far one of the top publishing companies for YA.

      Delete
  6. Now there are some stakes! It sounds like a crazy good read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? Wouldn't want to be in their shoes. ;)

      Delete
  7. I hate to say it, but I really disliked this one. :X I really hope you like it a whole lot more than I did Ali!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just finished it the other day LOL! But I did actually really like it. ;)

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh, this sounds fantastic! I hope it is as enjoyable as it sounds :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you read it, I hope you end up liking it!

      Delete
  9. I know this was really hyped at Book Con! Hopefully its a good read!!!
    Tori @ In Tori Lex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think because of all the hype some people aren't liking it, which does happen. ;)

      Delete
  10. I was so happy when I finally downloaded this one, i swear I almost cried. I just love the woman ti bits.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep I want to read this one too. Cannot wait!

    ReplyDelete
  12. YES! I'm so excited to read this one. Can't wait! Great pick, Ali.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so excited to try this Ali - the premise sounds so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This does sound really good. I haven't read anything by this author before. I hope you enjoy reading this book, Ali.
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know I have this and I'm sure you'll be reading it before I do so I'll wait for your recs :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't read a lot of fantasy, but this one does sound interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never use to but now I absolutely love it.

      Delete
  17. I've been looking at this one. I really want to see some reviews first!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen too many yet but I've seen a lot of DF's for it sadly.

      Delete
  18. YESSSS!!! I started reading this a while back... got a few chapters in and was REALLY enjoying it!! Then realized I had to read a few others first, so I had to put it down. I miss it already!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This does sound good even though it's not my normal type of read. I will look forward to reading your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. There are some real mixed reviews of this one on the Internets. But who dare resist fantasy, tell me??

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've got high hopes for this book! I hope we'll both enjoy it, Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This one looks amazing and I love the cover. Adding it to my tbr list.

    Simply Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it as well. ;) I hope you end up loving it too!

      Delete
  23. I really want to read this too and love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great pick! I have this one on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ah yes this one looks intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. THANKS FO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS ONE WITH US ALI! <3 I'm on this strange Fantasy kick lately, don't ask me why, so I'm totally jumping all over this! <3 THANK YOUUU!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just know that this one is going to be AMAZING. I loved her ANNA series, and this one sounds FANTASTIC! Great pick :D

    ReplyDelete
  28. This sounds like a great story! I want read this baby
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yes! Another Kendare Blake book! I'll have to add this to my list!

    http://fortheloveofbooksreviews.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete