Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Indie Author Spotlight

So I have decided that along with my book reviews of recent books that I have read and enjoyed I would also be posting books from fabulous Indie authors that I have read in the past and feel should get a little love as well because lets face it, a lot of Indie Authors get very little recognition just because they choose to be self published over going the traditional route of having a publisher.
So in thanks to these briliant authors, once a month I will be posting a new book by a new author that I have enjoyed in the past. 

So up first is, Meant to Be by Tiffany King



Title: Meant to Be
Author: Tiffany King
Genre: YA Paranormal
Published March 18, 2011 
My Rating: 4 Stars

Goodreads Description:
 Krista Miller feels like she has lived her entire life in a glass box with her every emotion on display. She can’t help feeling like a defect as her sensitivities have made her socially inept and without any real friends; the one exception being the boy that visits her each night in her dreams.

Krista’s emotions are put to the test when a move to California triggers a devastating change to her fantasy world. The nightly comfort that the boy provides has now become a recurring nightmare as he is taken from her by an unseen force.

Struggling to appear normal, Krista enrolls in a new school and finds it to be nothing like she thought. Her new life is sent spiraling out of control from a strange connection with a boy, Mark, who claims to know all her secrets.

As Krista begins to explore the emotions that Mark evokes in her, secrets from their past about their shared connection threatens to separate them just when they have found each other.


My Review:

 I found this story to be very well written with few editing errors (which are common in Indie books). The story was very unique. It had very loveable characters, a great plot, great love interests, mystery, intrigue and a great unexpected villain. I don't want to go to into the plot of the story because I don't want to give it away  but this was an excellent read and well worth the price at only $.99 for Amazon Kindle. 
I highly suggest you give this story and author a try. I think we will be seeing great things come from her in the future and look forward to reading more of her work. 
Overall I would rate this story at a solid 4 Stars.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I just finished this book and I am about to write a review!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved how original this was and I can't wait to see what happens next to them all.

    ReplyDelete