Thursday, May 19, 2011

Slayed by Amanda Marrone

Title: Slayed
Author: Amanda Marrone
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Children's Publishing (Oct. 5, 2010)
Genre: YA Paranormal
My Rating: 3 Stars

Goodreads Description:
The Van Helsing family has been hunting vampires for over one hundred years, but sixteen-year-old Daphne wishes her parents would take up an occupation that doesn’t involve decapitating vamps for cash. All Daphne wants is to settle down in one place, attend an actual school, and finally find a BFF to go to the mall with. Instead, Daphne has resigned herself to a life of fast food, cheap motels and buying garlic in bulk.
But when the Van Helsings are called to a coastal town in Maine, Daphne’s world is turned upside down. Not only do the Van Helsings find themselves hunting a terrifying new kind of vampire (one without fangs but with a taste for kindergarten cuisine), Daphne meets her first potential BF! The hitch? Her new crush is none other than Tyler Harker, AKA, the son of the rival slayer family.
What's a teen vampire slayer to do?

My Review:

I actually found this book a little hard to get into. I never really found myself get caught up in the story or becoming attached to the characters. While it wasn't a bad storyline, a young girl thrown into the life of a vampire slayer from parents that she really knew nothing about, it just didn't capture me.
It did have a very satisfying end and didn't leave me hanging or wondering what happened to their world after everything that happened to them. Maybe if I would have read this at a different time I may have enjoyed it more. I will try her other books though so for that I give this book 3 Stars.
 

2 comments:

  1. The cover and title caught my eye to read your review but I guess I won't waste my time with this book! I have to still really like a book to give it 3 stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It honestly wasn't that bad. I think others that like her work would enjoy it. I think if I would have waited to read it at another time I would have liked it more. It did have some funny parts in it.

    ReplyDelete