Monday, May 23, 2011

Love on Assignment by Cara Lynn James

Title: Love on Assignment
Author: Cara Lynn James
Publisher: Thomas Nelson (Jan. 11, 2011)
Genre: Historical Christian Fiction
My Rating: 3 Stars


Goodreads Description:
While Charlotte is focusing on uncovering sordid information on columnist Daniel Wilmot, her heart leads her into uncharted territory.
During the summer of 1900 Charlotte Hale, a native Newporter and secretary for the Rhode Island Reporter, accepts an undercover assignment as temporary governess to Daniel Wilmont's children in order to secretly gather evidence against him. As he helps her rediscover God, Charlotte learns that Daniel is an honorable man.
They unexpectedly fall in love despite their different backgrounds and social positions. Charlotte soon realizes she must defend Daniel against the forces set against him-a willful student with a romantic crush and the newspaper editor determined to destroy his reputation.
My Review:
I was given this book as an ARC copy to review. I love historical fiction so I was excited to read this book and while it was a cute story I found I had a hard time getting into it at first. It seemed to lag a little and it came off as a little preachy at times. It did pick up towards the end and overall it was a nice cute read.
I would give this 3 Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment