Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fateful by Claudia Gray

Title: Fateful
Author: Claudia Gray
Published By: Harper Teen (Sept. 13. 2011)
Genre: YA/Historical Paranormal
My Rating: 5 Stars


Goodreads Description:
It's about a servant girl named Tess in 1912, who wants to escape from the house where she works, and most particularly the lecherous young lord of the manor. But that's not her biggest problem. While on a voyage to America, where she plans to escape and start a new life, she meets Alec, who's ruggedly handsome, fabulously wealthy, intelligent and yet so clearly troubled that she'd rather not fall for him, but she does. That also is not her biggest problem. Alec, it turns out, is a werewolf ... one cursed to change every night, unless and until he surrenders his independence and joins the Brotherhood, a pack of violently misogynistic werewolves who have been tracking him for months. You'd think that would be their biggest problem, wouldn't you?

But no. Their biggest problem -- though they don't know it yet -- is that they're aboard the RMS Titanic.


My Review:
Stunning and beautiful are two words that I think would accurately describe this book.
I knew from the moment I read the synopsis I would want to read this book and that it was going to be great. Okay, maybe I didn't know it was going to be great but I knew that Claudia Gray was an amazing writer so why would this one be any different?
I have a secret passion for historical fiction and I love paranormal so knowing that this book was going to be combining the two...*swoon*
This book was fabulous! I truly loved every single thing about it.
I couldn't help picturing the movie Titanic (yes you know the one I am talking about) while reading it though, which, believe it or not, didn't detour from the greatness of this book at all.
Of course there are going to be similarities between the two but this book was even better because of the (dare I say it?) werewolves.

This was such an imaginative and yet factual book. It was truly the best of both worlds.
Gray is an amazing writer (hey, didn't I already say that once in this review?) so I knew if anyone would pull this off she could.
All I have to say is that you really need to get this book and read it, like, soon, like today.
The cover is gorgeous, the writing is brilliant, the storyline is imaginative, the historical aspect is breathtaking and heartbreaking since we all know how the story of the Titanic and its maiden voyage ended, but, what you won't know is how this story ends for both Alec and Tess. It is great down to the last sentence and keeps you wondering until the very last chapter.

2 comments:

  1. I was trying to leave a comment but there's a Blogger bug when it comes to embedded comments forms that won't let people with Blogger accounts post a comment. I had to fix this issue on my Blogger blog, and so far this is what has worked for anyone else with the issue:

    Sign in to your blog and go to the administrative page.
    Click "Settings"
    Click "Comments" underneath settings.
    Change from "embedded below post" to "Full Page"

    Then everyone should be able to post just fine!

    Otherwise, they'll have to comment with name/url etc. Apparently I'll have to use my Wordpress username. Ironic!

    I should just copy paste this to everyone's blogger blog if they're using embedded, LOL.

    Anyway...so my original comment was going to be that this book sounds pretty cool. I love historical fiction especially when it has a paranormal twist. Kind of like the Parasol Protectorate series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, I will look into it.

    As for the Parasol series, I have it on my TBR list. Maybe I should bump it up! I really loved reading this book. I like it when I can find more than one of my favorite genres combined. ;)

    ReplyDelete