Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Sometimes It Happens by Lauren Barnholdt

Title: Sometimes It Happens
Author: Lauren Barnholdt
Published By: Simon and Schuster (July 12, 2011)
Genre: YA Realistic Fiction
My Rating: 4 Stars

Goodreads Description:
On the last day of her junior year, Hannah's boyfriend Sebastian dumped her. Facing a summer of loneliness, Hannah turns to her best friend Ava for comfort. Ava does what BFFs do: she stays by Hannah's side...until it's time for Ava to head up to Maine for the summer. Also left behind is Ava's boyfriend, Noah, who's such a great guy he gets Hannah a job at the diner he waits tables at. Slowly, Hannah comes out of her funk thanks to Noah's good conversation and their fun times at the diner. But things get complicated when their friendship turns into attraction—and one night, into a passionate kiss. The novel opens on the first day of senior year; the day Hannah is going to see Ava, Sebastian, and Noah all in one place. Over the course of the day secrets and betrayals are revealed, and alliances are broken and reformed. In the end, everyone is paired up once again, but not the way you might think...

My Review:
This was my first book by Barnholdt. I had heard a lot about her books and how so many people have loved them so even though I wanted to give one a try I was a little apprehensive about it, just because I didn't want to have too high of hopes and then be disappointed afterwards.
Thankfully, this wasn't one of those times I was disappointed.
I really enjoyed this story.
I usually loathe books about cheating because I just don't condone cheating but this was a sweet story with very loveable characters.
I really liked how it flashed back and forth from summer to the first day of school. It was never confusing or off putting.
And I really liked the romance that built between Hannah and Noah and I loved the suspense of not knowing if, at the end of the day, they were going to end up together, who were still going to be friends and who were going to be enemies.

No comments:

Post a Comment