Friday, September 16, 2011

The Lost Hero by RIck Riordan

Title: The Lost Hero (Heroes of Olympus #1)
Author: Rick Riordan
Published By: Hyperion Books (Oct. 12, 2010)
Genre: YA
My Rating: 5 Stars

Goodreads Description:
Jason has a problem. He doesn’t remember anything before waking up in a bus full of kids on a field trip. Apparently he has a girlfriend named Piper and a best friend named Leo. They’re all students at a boarding school for “bad kids.” What did Jason do to end up here? And where is here, exactly?

Piper has a secret. Her father has been missing for three days, ever since she had that terrifying nightmare. Piper doesn’t understand her dream, or why her boyfriend suddenly doesn’t recognize her. When a freak storm hits, unleashing strange creatures and whisking her, Jason, and Leo away to someplace called Camp Half-Blood, she has a feeling she’s going to find out.

Leo has a way with tools. When he sees his cabin at Camp Half-Blood, filled with power tools and machine parts, he feels right at home. But there’s weird stuff, too—like the curse everyone keeps talking about. Weirdest of all, his bunkmates insist that each of them—including Leo—is related to a god.


My Review:
This book took me forever to read, not because of the length or because it didn't hold my interest but for the sheer fact that I had so many other books to review that it was shoved to the back burner for awhile, which was a shame because this was a fabulous read.
Classic Riordan all the way.
The Percy Jackson series was one of the first series I ever read on my Kindle when I bought it almost 2 years ago and I LOVED it. It was so much fun to read. I loved the humor in it, I literally laughed out loud with every single book multiple times and I have always loved learning about the Greek gods so it was a perfect match for me.
I will admit, I was super sad when it ended so when I saw this new series by Riordan I just knew I needed to read it but I was apprehensice because I didn't want it to ruin the original and sometimes that happens even from really amazing authors.
Dear Rick, I am so sorry I doubted your greatness. This series was just as good as the first.


Once again we are taken back to Camp Half Blood and see some very familiar faces there. We learn even more about the gods (and hey we finally here about Romans) and of course we see some new faces, mainly the three new main characters, who are every bit as funny and loveable as our dear Percy Jackson, Grover and Annabeth.
I really really liked how this book went back and forth between the three main characters voices, something I wasn't sure I would like but it was pulled off beautifully.
Riordan is a very talented author and unlike any others out there. His work is just pure magical in every sense of the word.
I love that not only can I read his books as an adult and still feel the magic of them but that my kids can as well.
I most definitley will be reading the second book in the series.
If you haven't tried the Percy Jackson series or this one, don't wait. Go try them TODAY. Don't miss out, it would be a tragedy worthy of any Greek legend.

No comments:

Post a Comment