Sunday, October 6, 2013

Mini Review: Captive by Sarah Fine



This is the perfect read for Something Wicked, not only is this series filled with the strange and unusual  death and destruction but it is also just a really great, well written read!

Don't forget to check out today's Something Wicked Tour Stop with Michelle @ Snarky Mom Reads she has author Jamie Rush!
 And tomorrow brings us even more fun with these two great stops!
Heidi@Rainy Day Ramblings: J.L. Bryan: Nomad

Maja@The Nocturnal Library: Gina Linko: Indigo

Title: Captive
Author: Sarah Fine
Series: Novella in the Guards of Shadowlands Series
Published By: Skyscape (April 15, 2013)
Source: Purchased
Genre: YA Fantasy
My Rating: 4 Stars!!


Book Description:
In this thrilling short story set in the world of Sarah Fine’s novel Sanctum, Malachi rescues a mysterious girl from one of his own Guards, who’s convinced she’s a Mazikin. Malachi can tell she isn’t, but she’s not an ordinary citizen of the dark city, either. He only knows one thing for sure—she’s dangerous, and to more than just his mission. The captive’s fate is in his hands—will he end her afterlife or save her?






My Thoughts and Review:
I don't always post reviews on my blog of novellas, unless of course, they are outrageously, ridiculously good. Hence, why I am posting one today.

It has to be said, Sarah is an amazing author. Her rich detail and mind blowing ability to create a devastatingly dark depressing world that is so vivid is just outstanding. And the simple fact that even though the world she created is terrifying, you still want to be there, because hey, that world had Malachi and oh boy, Malachi is one guard you need to meet. 

I could go on and on about why I love this series, why I love Lela and Malachi but honestly, you just need to pick it up and read it for yourself. Because this is one series you have to experience yourself to truly know and appreciate how well written it is and how captivating it can be.

The simple fact that Sarah gave us a story all about Malachi, in any shape or form is truly a gift and one I am thankful for because it has been a long hard wait for Fractured to be released and this just had enough umph to hold me over and make the wait a little more bearable and of course, make me fall in love with Malachi all over again.







*All thoughts and opinions are my own and were not influenced by the author or publisher. I was not compensated for this review.*

9 comments:

  1. I simply adored Sanctum and all the chapters from Malachi's point of view, his diary entries included. I can't get enough of those two, or of Sarah's writing.
    I pre-ordered Fractured ages ago, I'm just waiting for October 29th. :)
    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so need to start this series Ali, it sounds wonderful and I am glad the novella delivered :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I know is the cover is brilliant. I love it and you giving it a rave gets it thrown on the TBR pile. :-)

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!

    Maja, Fractured is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT?! How did I not know that this novella existed? I have Fractured on my to read soon list but I didn't even know about this. I'm getting it right freaking NOW! LOVE this series!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know, I didn't either until a few days ago. For some reason Amazon doesn't just pull it up with the author's name. I am so glad I found it though because I just adore Malachi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to start this. I have Sanctum. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you love this one too Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaah, how did I not know about this?! Amazon needs to market their books better. I loved Sanctum and have Fractured, but I had no idea this even existed. SO happy to know about it now, and to hear that you enjoyed it! :D Lovely review!

    ReplyDelete