Sunday, December 15, 2013

Mini Review: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year by Marie Landry

Title: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year
Author: Marie Landry
Series: Stand Alone Novella
Published: November 5, 2013
Source: Purchased
Genre: Contemporary Romance
My Rating: 3.5 Stars!

Book Description:
Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year, right? At least that’s what twenty-year-old Ginny Bailey’s grandmother always told her, and Ginny believed it until Grama died. She even put on a brave face the following two Christmases, carrying on Grama’s traditions and decorating her house and cafĂ© with Grama’s favorite decorations.

But Ginny can’t pretend any longer. When she finds out she’s going to be alone for the holidays this year, her Christmas spirit goes out the window, along with her luck. Everything that can go wrong does, and Ginny just wants to spend the holidays hiding under the covers...until Dean Riley comes back into her life. With their shared past, old feelings begin to resurface almost immediately, and Ginny thinks Dean might just be the Christmas miracle she’s been waiting for to help her remember why Christmas really is the most wonderful time of the year.












I love this time of year if not for all the excitement, festivities and the feeling of love and giving in the air, then because of the many sweet, fun, and heartfelt books and novellas that come out each year that I tend to devour. 

This is one such novel set in the atmospheric and homey feeling of a small town, where everyone is friendly, everyone knows and cares about one another and where those good life lessons about hard work and helping one another are still in full force. 

This was a sweet tale about a young woman named Ginny who is still trying to get over the death of her beloved grandmother (Grama) and still stay true to the holiday spirit around her.

I picked this one up after reading a couple of other reviews on it from trusted bloggers and friends and really, I am so glad I did. Not only was this filled with all the good stuff it was the perfect length to cozy up in front of the fireplace on a cool winter night and get that perfect does of romance, fun, and holiday spirit. 


This was my first book by Landry and I really enjoyed the story, the characters as well as her writing style. I will definitely be picking up another of her books in the future. 








*All thoughts and opinions are my own and were not influenced by the author. I was not compensated for this review.*

13 comments:

  1. I've been struggling with a family emergency these past few days, but now that it's over, I'm right back in my festive mood! And this sounds like a perfect read. Getting over someone's death right before holidays must be almost impossible, but it's a great foundation for a very warm holiday story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just sounds very sweet and warm, and like the perfect book to curl up with on a cold weekend. I haven't touched a single holiday-themed book this year, surprisingly, but I'll be sure to add this to the list. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Fantastic review as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember seeing good reviews for this one. I read my first book of holiday novella's this year and enjoyed them and it made me think I really need to try more holiday books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the lovely review. I'm glad you enjoyed Ginny's story! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you do Candace!

    Thanks for stopping by Marie!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wasn't this sweet, and filled with holiday goodness. It was my first by Marie too and like you I will read her books again

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's why I love this time of year, so many sweet holidays romances and novella's seem to be doing pretty good on top of it! glad you enjoyed this one :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad this was a perfect, sweet little read. It also sounds like you got what you wanted from it even though it was a novella.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, glad you enjoyed it. I thought it was a sweet little novella. You should definitely try more of Marie's work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This just sounds so cute...thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a wonderful story to curl up in the recliner with. I am glad you enjoyed it. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds like a really good book. I love reading books that end happily :)

    ReplyDelete