Thursday, December 26, 2013

Review: A Beautiful Wedding by Jamie McGuire

Title: A Beautiful Wedding
Author: Jamie McGuire
Series: A Beautiful Disaster Novella (#2.5)
Published By: Atria (December 10, 2013)
Source: Purchased
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
My Rating: 5 Stars!

Book Description:
You know that Abby Abernathy unexpectedly became Mrs. Maddox. But what do you really know?

Why did Abby pop the question?
What secrets were shared before the ceremony?
Where did they spend their wedding night?
Who else knew about it . . . and didn’t tell?

Everything about Abby and Travis’s elopement was top-secret . . . until now. Fans of Beautiful Disaster and Walking Disaster will get all of their questions answered in this whirlwind tale of the wedding day (and night!)—and as with all good stories, this one will definitely have been worth the wait.










It is no secret that I love this series, that I love Travis, so of course when I saw that we were (finally!) going to learn what happened in Vegas, I jumped at the chance to read it, I didn't even think twice about it.

And can I say that I loved this? I so missed Abby and Trav. I missed them terribly and didn’t even realize it until picking this up. I missed their crazy fierce love for one another. Their devotion, their struggles, their loyalty and their goodness.

I love that McGuire gave us this wonderful look into their wedding, the wedding night (wowza!) and of course, their one year anniversary. It reminded me all over again while I fell in love with the characters, the series and her writing. 


This is a must for any fan of McGuire's but most importantly, any fan of Abby and Travis. 






*All thoughts and opinions are my own and were not influenced by the author or publisher. I was not compensated for this review.*

11 comments:

  1. The part with his Mom made me cry. So glad you loved this too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you know, I just read her zombie book and loved it. I don't really read NA, but this seems like a fabulous way to end a series! I love long epilogue-type stories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous review. I am so glad you loved this to. Travis just made me want to swoon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read this series yet but I'm glad you enjoyed this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not read this series,but it looks like one I need to check out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Candace and literarydarling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still haven't read the first book, but it's nice to know they get married. lol. I need to buck-up and read these. I reeeeally do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the first book - written from Abby's perspective - but the second made Travis out to be too unlikable in my eyes. So I don't know if I'll read this... Whose p.o.v. Is it? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean, I didn't love it as much as the first either but I did really like this one.

    It is dual POV if that helps at all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. gosh I hope I like travis just as much

    ReplyDelete