Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where we can share those books we are most excited about releasing in 2014.

It is so hard finding which memes to follow and take part in and so far I am really liking this one. Hopefully you aren't sick to death of me posting a new book each week already. 

As most of you that follow already know, I love books about witches, I always have, which is why when I saw this one I just knew it was one that I would have to pick up and read when it came out.



Book Description:
If high school is all about social status, Indigo Blackwood has it made. Sure, her quirky mom owns an occult shop, and a nerd just won’t stop trying to be her friend, but Indie is a popular cheerleader with a football-star boyfriend and a social circle powerful enough to ruin everyone at school. Who wouldn’t want to be her?

Then a guy dies right before her eyes. And the dusty old family Bible her mom is freakishly possessive of is stolen. But it’s when a frustratingly sexy stranger named Bishop enters Indie’s world that she learns her destiny involves a lot more than pom-poms and parties. If she doesn’t get the Bible back, every witch on the planet will die. And that’s seriously bad news for Indie, because according to Bishop, she’s a witch too.

Suddenly forced into a centuries-old war between witches and sorcerers, Indie’s about to uncover the many dark truths about her life—and a future unlike any she ever imagined on top of the cheer pyramid.



Doesn't the synopsis of this one sound great?

30 comments:

  1. I have seen this one around and it seems really good. I love the summary and I cannot wait for you to read it :) Great pick, Ali :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This does sound fabulous! Did you get it on NetGalley?

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES ALI!!!! I'm super excited for this one too. I've yet to find a book about witches that's blown me away, but I'm hopeful this could be that one. Can't wait:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, it is hard to chose which memes to join in-there's just so many of them! I don't participate in this one, but I enjoy reading other bloggers posts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is kind of fun to see what they will pick each week and I love seeing ones I haven't noticed before.

      Delete
  5. Squee! This sounds so good - I'm super excited to read this book too. Witches,sorcery, a hot mysterious guy...yes please :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wonderful pick, it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds awesome! I also love books with witches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds really cool, I'll have to check it out! I think I saw it on Netgalley, the cover looks familiar. I hope it's still there! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely sounds fun and different. I will watch for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, wow. I'm pretty sure I've never seen this one before, but I love how it al sounds. I don't much care for the popular girl trope, but this seems to move away from it eventually, and that works.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds AWESOME! Thanks for sharing Ali :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweet, there is a giveaway for it on GR. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will check it out, thanks for letting me know Christy. :)

      Delete
  13. This is one I've been looking forward to as well, although I've heard some mixed reviews. I have an ARC that I need to read! I hope we both love it!

    Tressa @ Tressa's Wishful Endings

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh yes I'm so curious about this one, I love the synopsis and the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love witch books too! Although I don't read too many of them. Need to find more and this one is new to me! I'll have to check it out. Besides Hex Hall I really can't think of any I have read lately. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been dying to read hexed too

    Awesome Pick! :)

    My WoW

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete