Sunday, November 2, 2014

Sunday Post



The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer.
~this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~
It’s a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.


It has been forever since I have participated in the Sunday Post. With so much going on at home I honestly just haven't had the energy nor the time to put a post together.

Sad, but true.

Either way, I am going to try my hardest to get back to doing them each week or at least a few times a month. I miss taking part in all the fun. ;) 

It is that time of year where it is starting to get colder and the days shorter. With the time change happening it is getting way too dark, way too early and it makes me sad and also feel like I should be hibernating. Anyone else feel that way?

I have been thinking a lot about my blog lately and my reading habits and I have come to the conclusion that I need to make some changes.

One of those changes need to be my weekend posts, mainly Saturdays. With a lot of hard thought I have decided,  with a few exceptions (because there are always exceptions to the rules) I am going to cut out my posts on Saturdays and instead concentrate more on my family and reading time. 

I will still be visiting other blogs if they have posts that go up but for the most part I am going to try to get caught up on series and trilogies that I have started reading and have never finished. When I tried thinking of them all the other day I couldn't believe how many of them there were.

Which of course leads me to another dilemma, ARCs. I think I have been concentrating way too much on ARCs and not enough time on my TBR pile, so, for the rest of the year I am going to do my best to get caught up on those series and trilogies and finish as many of them as I can. 

I will still be reading ARCs but not as many. I love ARCs, they are wonderful and I get excited every single time I get a new one but I also need to pay attention to all the books I actually spent money on and was also excited about getting. 

It is so easy getting caught up in new releases and upcoming releases that I think all those other really great books and series we have get neglected.

So here is my goal for the next two months, getting caught up, getting more organized, and spending more time on my TBR pile. 

This I can do it? Can I resist the allure of Edelweiss and Netgalley?

I guess only time will tell. ;) 

31 comments:

  1. I know it's hard to sometimes especially with fresh batches of books coming out regularly. All we can do is try, I suppose. :) This is what I'm doing now, too. I'm trying to post at least five times a week, with a regular update on Sundays.

    Good luck, Ali!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a pretty great goal :) I'm going to try in 2015 to balance a bit better between new releases and old tbr pile picks. I dont' get nearly enough of them worked in these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be hard to balance and I am sure I will have months that are better than others.

      Delete
  3. Good luck lady with everything, I know it takes a lot of time but it's great to be able to read our own books and to keep time for something else as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a good decision to have decided what you did, love. I've cut back on ARCs and back into reading what I want to read. I just feel more comfortable that way, you know? Do what you gotta do, we'll be here behind you! ^_^

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great plan in getting some balance. I need to juggle arc/tbr/pleasure books too. I hope you have better luck with it than me :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't had time to do a Sunday Post in about a month and barely time to get my daily posts done. I feel terrible because I'm so behind in commenting on my favorite blogs. Between work, a recent death in the family and everything that goes along with that, I have been a little overwhelmed, so I totally see your point. I have been listening to more of my pleasure books I've been wanting to read for a while now, and that has help break up the monotony of constantly trying to get arcs read. Also passes the time well to and from work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry yo hear about the death in your family Ellen. I hope things get better for you as well. *hugs*

      Delete
  7. Yes to the hibernation. I HATE when it's dark as hell by 6pm.

    I fully support your changes and goals! You'll feel a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have often thought about cutting out Saturdays because it is my lowest vistor day, and every time I decide yep I am doing it the count goes up. In July and August I gave away books I received and knew I would never be able to read, that was fun. Now most of the time I do books I have read from my own TBR pile or discussion posts, tips posts that draw people in Glad you are back. You can always post your Sunday Post on Saturday (early edition) a lot of folks do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with all of your goals! I've been trying to limit new books like ARCs for awhile now. It can still become troublesome at times, but it's also really nice to read books from my shelves or random finds at the library. I do want to read a few series soon though, because I'm way behind on those. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am seriously behind on them so I know how you feel.

      Delete
  10. I wish you the best of luck with your goals! New releases can be tempting, but it is fun to go back and read books that have been in the TBR pile for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did it all this weekend and it was a lot of fun.

      Delete
  11. Saturday is a good day to cut out of your posting schedule. There are few people online. I read some blogs on weekends, but mostly I use it to catch up. Mondays-Thursdays seem to be the busiest.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good luck on your goals :). I want to focus on my TBR pile also!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so hard to resist the ARC lure - and I'm in the same boat as you, stuck with a huge TBR pile of series and standalones that I've been wanting to catch up on forever. I hope your new TBR pile strategy works for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel like I should be tackling my TBR pile too. So many I want to read x.x but somehow I ended up booking myself till next year so... I guess I will have to do some of the TBR reading in Fed :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do still have a few to read, even for next year already but I am still trying to keep that ARC number low. We will see how that goes.

      Delete
  15. Yep I hear ya. I pretty much cut out blogging on the weekends. I try and answer comments but often don't get it done until Mondays becaue of the family which comes first. I cut out the Saturday reviews months ago and it allowed me to build a cushion so I am reading a couple of weeks in advance and it is so nice. I have also spent some time reading books that I want to read and I need to stop requesting ARCS again. I am going to do that for the next couple of months wish me luck. Good luck with your goals too.

    ReplyDelete