Wednesday, November 19, 2014

WoW Pick of the Week



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to share those new releases were are super anxious to get our hands on and read.

My pick this week is from an author that I had no idea how much I would love until trying her recent YA release Uninvited. I absolutely loved it, from the concept of HTS down to the very characters themselves and thankfully I don't have very long to wait because the next installment releases in February *does happy dance*. 




Release Date: February 24, 2015

Book Description:
What if the worst thing you ever did was unforgivable?

Davy’s world fell apart after she tested positive for Homicidal Tendency Syndrome. She was expelled from her school, dumped by her boyfriend, abandoned by friends, and shipped off to a camp that turns HTS carriers into soldiers. Davy may have escaped, but the damage has already been done. The unthinkable has happened. Now, even worse than having everyone else see her as a monster is the knowledge that they may have been right about her all along. Because Davy has killed.


On the run from government agents, Davy is rescued by Caden, the charismatic leader of an underground group of rebels. Despite Caden’s assurances that the Resistance is made up of carriers like her, Davy isn’t sure she can trust them. Then again, she doesn’t even know if she can trust herself . . . or her growing feelings for Caden. But if she doesn’t belong with Caden and his followers, is there anywhere she can call home?



35 comments:

  1. Your WOW this week is Fabulous .. i will add it to my TBR list :) and the cover is pure COOL :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read book one. lol I have it though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you'll enjoy this one, Ali. I haven't read the first book. Keep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy, I am really hoping I like it as much as I did the first.

      Delete
  4. I absolutely LOVED the first book too Ali!!!! And I was really excited about this one until I learned about Caden. What happened to the guy from the first book (his name escapes me at the moment)? We're clearly moving into love triangle territory which I don't love, but I adore Davy and want to know what happens to her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh you are right, I didn't' even catch that Jenny. :( Boo if there is a love triangle.

      Delete
  5. Another author I have not yet read...but this one does sound tempting. Thanks for sharing and enjoy!

    Here's mine: “HUSH HUSH”

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  6. I haven't read anything by this author before. I hope you enjoy reading this one.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when there isn't a long wait for a release! This sounds really good. I love the whole she's thought of as evil even though she never did anything wrong thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still need to read book one but great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so excited for Unleashed! Sophie Jordan has become one of my favorite authors and I loved Uninvited. I'm curious to see where things will go in this one (especially with Caden being introduced) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Montana! Yay for another fan of the series!!

      Delete
  10. Great looking cover Kindlemom and what an interesting storyline too!
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read Uninvited yet, but I've heard it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gosh, I forgot about this one! I am curious to read the first book. Hope you enjoy the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't kno wwhy I'm resisting Sophie Jordan, I have a few of her books, y'all love her!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wasn't really sure if I wanted to continue with this series, but I'm kind of curious what happens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you didn't love the first one as much as I did Christy, I do hope you give it a try though. ;)

      Delete
  15. It sounds interesting, I didn't know about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait either! I was taken by surprise on how much I loved Uninvited. Caden sounds like he may throw a loop in this romance, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Sean :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh I'm excited for this one too! Everyone loved Uninvited, and I originally wasn't going to read it but got turned onto it from so many fab reviews!

    ReplyDelete