Friday, September 16, 2016

Review: Game by Barry Lyga

Title: Game
Author: Barry Lyga
Series: Book Two in the I Hunt Killers Trilogy (Jasper Dent)
Published By: Little Brown (April 16,2013)
Source: Purchased
Genre: YA Thriller
My Rating: 5 Stars!


Book Description:
Billy grinned. “Oh, New York,” he whispered. “We’re gonna have so much fun.”

I Hunt Killers introduced the world to Jazz, the son of history’s most infamous serial killer, Billy Dent.


In an effort to prove murder didn’t run in the family, Jazz teamed with the police in the small town of Lobo’s Nod to solve a deadly case. And now, when a determined New York City detective comes knocking on Jazz’s door asking for help, he can’t say no. The Hat-Dog Killer has the Big Apple–and its police force–running scared. So Jazz and his girlfriend, Connie, hop on a plane to the big city and get swept up in a killer’s murderous game.











If I thought the first book in this series was something special, something dark, and twisted, and yet oh so addicting, it didn't prepare me for what this installment held. The first book had nothing on this one. This second installment  proved to be every bit as delicious, dangerous, horrifying, and yet still humorous enough to make us turn the pages and demand more. 

It truly is a series unlike any other that I have read. 

Terrifying, creepy, strange, mysterious, captivating, compelling, and about a million other adjectives I could name, all packed into a story that was not only riveting but so good that I had a hard time putting  down and had to stay up until the wee hours of the morning reading until I got to the very last page. A series that you will want to have all three books on hand for because you will want to pick one up right after the other. 

Yeah, it really is that good, that dark, and that thrilling. It will make your heart pound, your pulse jump and have you looking over your shoulder a time or two just because. 






*All thoughts and opinions are my own and were not influenced by the author or publisher. I was not compensated for this review.*

48 comments:

  1. I loved these so much, too! I'm so happy you're enjoying Jasper's story. I remember being a bit annoyed by Connie's actions, but other than that, this was just about perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah she was a bit naive when it came to following him but yeah, this series is fantastic!

      Delete
  2. Oh it's great to see you had such a great time. I remember seeing this one a lot but I haven't tried it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so much fun, creepiness and all. I hope you try them!

      Delete
  3. I need to get to this series. The perils of book love, I tell you. Glad to see the series having you so riveted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this series until now! Definitely checking these out. :) Great review!

    Blessie @ Mischievous Reads

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this sounds fantastic even for non YA Thriller fans :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I can't believe how much I enjoyed them.

      Delete
  6. I've got these on my shelf so maybe I should read them soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy you gave this 5 stars, sequels can always be hit or miss!! Tori @ In Tori Lex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can, I know what you mean but this really was worth every star. ;)

      Delete
  8. *bangs head on desk* Ali..I loved book one and never picked this up..and look five stars!! I need to grab it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grab it Kim, I know you will love them. They get darker as they go. ;)

      Delete
  9. I've never heard of this series!! Love the sound of it!! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such an unusual one for sure but so darn good. Definitely worth it to read and try.

      Delete
  10. I am so glad to see that you love this series as much as I did. So dark and creepy.I am telling you, audiobooks are the way to go with this one. Fantastic narration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I bet Heidi! I loved how dark and different it was. Definitely a good one for fall.

      Delete
  11. Glad to hear you loved the second book. I really do want to read this series soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review! This sounds like a series for me -- love that it was thrilling and dark! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely loved that about them, you don't get to see that a lot in YA.

      Delete
  13. Oh I've been wanting to read the first book for a while now. Looks like I really need to get started. I'm glad you are enjoying it so much and I do think you've added to my want for this trilogy! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay happy to hear that Melissa! I really do hope you start it and love it too. It is so different from the norm you can't help but be sucked into it.

      Delete
  14. This looks like an interesting book the author is new for me. Goes to my TBR!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I read the first book and loved it but iI've yet to read the rest. I think it's high time I did, though. Considering I have the second and third books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Read it Joy, I'm pretty sure you will love the other two as well. ;)

      Delete
  16. Sure sounds good to me. I like the sounds of this series so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is creepy but in a weird really good way. ;)

      Delete
  17. Not quite my cup of tea, but I think my wife would get a kick out of this. I'll pass it on to her. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and checking it out and I hope your wife if interested in it!

      Delete
  18. Hmm. I never heard of this one. Maybe I should check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you do, it is a fun darker series.

      Delete
    2. OOH,DARKER!THEN I NEED TO READ IT SOON ;)

      Delete
    3. OOH,DARKER!THEN I NEED TO READ IT SOON ;)

      Delete
  19. Wow, you really make me want to read this series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think this will be one that you will like, if that helps at all? :P

      Delete
  20. Aright! I love when the second book is better than the first. I need to try this series for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I already put I Hunt Killers on my TBR list because of your review of it. I guess I need to move it up even higher, now that I've read this review. It is hard to go wrong when book two is better than book one. :-)

    Melanie @ Hot Listens & Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true and I really hope you do and that you love them both. I can't wait for you to read them!

      Delete
  22. Yay!!! Yay!!! I am doing a happy dance! I LOVE this series. I am so glad you liked this book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved it too Becca, I already miss it.

      Delete