Wednesday, September 21, 2016

WoW Pick of the Week



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to share those new releases were are super anxious to get our hands on and read.

I adored Roth's YA series so it's no wonder with that gorgeous cover and tempting description that this drew me in as well. It does sound a little more sci fi fantasy than I normally read but I'm willing to give it a try. 



]
Book Description:

On a planet where violence and vengeance rule, in a galaxy where some are favored by fate, everyone develops a currentgift, a unique power meant to shape the future. While most benefit from their currentgifts, Akos and Cyra do not — their gifts make them vulnerable to others’ control. Can they reclaim their gifts, their fates, and their lives, and reset the balance of power in this world?

Cyra is the sister of the brutal tyrant who rules the Shotet people. Cyra’s currentgift gives her pain and power — something her brother exploits, using her to torture his enemies. But Cyra is much more than just a blade in her brother’s hand: she is resilient, quick on her feet, and smarter than he knows.


Akos is from the peace-loving nation of Thuve, and his loyalty to his family is limitless. Though protected by his unusual currentgift, once Akos and his brother are captured by enemy Shotet soldiers, Akos is desperate to get his brother out alive — no matter what the cost. When Akos is thrust into Cyra’s world, the enmity between their countries and families seems insurmountable. They must decide to help each other to survive — or to destroy one another. 






49 comments:

  1. I'm curious what a currentgift actually grants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSSSSS ALI!!! I need this in my life immediately!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm willing to read anything by Roth. The risky ending she took with Allegiant made me respect her even more. Story comes before potential fan outrage and I'm so glad she stuck with the story she was telling and the publisher stood with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, it was a risky move. I can't wait to see what else she can do with a series.

      Delete
  4. Excellent pick! I want to read this one too. I'm super curious about it. I hope we both will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right it is a great cover and the premise is intriguing. Thanks Kindlemom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't read The Divergent series (gasp! shock!) This doesn't really sound like something I would normally read, but I hope you enjoy it, Ali.
    Thanks for stopping by My WoW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only read the first book but my daughter read them all and told me about them so it was like reading them. I loved the first book even though I know a lot of people didn't like the others. I have high hopes she will do well with this one.

      Delete
  7. I can't think is this the first one since the Divergent series? Love that series so I really can't wait for this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. It does right? I really hope it is a completely original story line!

      Delete
  9. I didn't click with the Divergent series so I'm hoping I will click with this one from her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only read the first book but I loved it so I'm hoping I will like this one as well. I really hope you do too!

      Delete
  10. YES YES YES and that cover!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh boy. Looking forward to seeing what Roth does next.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmm...this doesn't appeal to me as much as I was hoping it would!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that but I completely understand. ;)

      Delete
  13. Dude, anything by Veronica Roth is a great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I haven’t heard about Roth’s new release. Thanks for putting it on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pick! I'm waiting eagerly for this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How did I not know about this one! Thanks for sharing it!
    Happy Reading! <a href="http://paulettespapers.com/?p=11422”>Dani @ Paulette’s Papers</a>

    ReplyDelete
  17. So darn excited about this as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I haven't read this author, so I don't know about this one...maybe if I see good reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with waiting for reviews to come in. ;)

      Delete
  19. I am so so so excited for this one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Not so sure about this one but I will be interested in reading your review :)

    ReplyDelete