Saturday, April 28, 2012

Mini Review: The Sun Zebra by Rolando Garcia

So I know that I have already done an Indie Book of the Week for this week but I just couldn't help but posting a little mini review of a wonderful novella that I read recently.

So here I am posting again.

I was introduced to this book by the author who asked me if I would be interested in reading and reviewing his book, which is actually a collection of short stories, all about childhood and his daughter.

I saw all the wonderful reviews on it already and I thought to myself, why not.

I am so glad that I did. 


Synopsis:
 The Sun Zebra, is best described as a children's book for grownups. Its aim is to encourage us to discover (or rediscover) the amazing things that children and their magical carefree world can teach us, even as we try to teach them about the harsh realities of our own. The book is a collection of five stories that follow the "adventures in living" of an unusual little girl named Nell, her mother Rhonda, and Nell's father who is the narrator of the stories.



My thoughts and review:
 The Sun Zebra is a charming book comprised of four memorizing tales told through a father's love of his child Nell, as she explores the world around her.

These charming tales will bring you back to your childhood as you watch Nell go on one imaginative adventure to the next.

They will truly make you smile and warm your heart. 

This is a great book to read when you don't have a whole lot of time but want something that will make you smile and warm your heart, in fact, this would be a great summer read. 

I highly recommend this one. I think anyone who tries it will really enjoy it. It is very well done.

I give this one 4 very solid Stars.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh this sounds delightful. A book about a dad and his child, what is not to like about that? This looks likema charming book. Will add it to my pile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was free on Amazon for awhile too which was a complete steal!
    This really was a totally sweet read.

    Thanks for stopping by Heidi! Have a nice Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete