Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tell Me Something Tuesday!

Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Cambria Hebert .

   
This is a fun weekly question she asks other bloggers in the hopes that we will all get to know one another a little better.

This question this week is:
If you were going to be stranded on a desert island and could bring 5 items what would they be?


This is such a fun question! And truly the first thing that came to mind when I thought about it was that if I had my Eagle Scout of a husband with me, truly that is all I would need. Not because I love him and would want him there with me just because of that (although yes, that is true) but because the man is a genius and could make anything work. Truly, he is like MacGyver. He would be able to find things to eat and make shelter and even find a way to be rescued, no sweat and all from a Popsicle stick.



So yes, I would want him by my side in any kind of crisis but assuming that this is just me we are talking about, well, I guess I will have to be more practical and actually pick some items  and be prepared to fend for myself. 



So it is strange that besides the basic "duh" answer of water proof matches, a knife, some string, food and water, first aid kit and maybe even a tarp, I would want my Kindle with me?



Yep you heard me right my Kindle. Yes I know, there would be no electricity but truly, that thing can run for days without a charge and it has like 1000 books on it. I know I would have something to do while working on my tan at least for a short amount of time. And once again, assuming I wouldn't need to fight for my life on this deserted island, I would need something to do right?


But in all seriousness I have watched the movie Cast Away and yes I know I would need much more with me than my handy and faithful Kindle.



So if I had to make a serious list, here are the 5 items I would want with me:

1. A small but very sharp knife (preferably a Swiss Army knife with all the contraptions that go with it)
2. A canvas or tarp of some sort to not only catch water but help provide shelter if needed.

3. Water proof matches or a lighter of some sort that is water proof as well. 

4. First Aid Kit.

5. Heavy duty fishing line and hook of sorts to be able to catch fish or food.

So there you have it. My hopefully very reasonable list of items that again, hopefully, would be able to help me survive. 


Now my not so serious list? Well that is way different. If I were on a deserted island that also was equipped with fresh running water, plenty of food, shelter and everything else a girl would need? Then of course my Kindle (actually maybe my Kindle Fire would be better in this case?) would be right up there on my list of things I would want with me, along with my phone with internet access, my trusty sunglasses, sunscreen, swim suit (heck lets just say a whole suit case full of wonderful clothes), yep, that should do it. 

So what would you want with you?







7 comments:

  1. Gheesh are you ever planned out your survival! Lol. Makes my list look silly! Lol. Being married to a handy skilled guy like MacGyver would be all you would need then you could enjoy your kindle while he did the work! Lol. I also would like a suitcase full of clothes with me. Just bc i am stranded doesnt mean i cant look good!!
    Great answers this week girl!!! Thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I know! I took it way too seriously. *sigh* My practical side (and nerdy side) totally came through with that question this week LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing wrong with being practical. Your answers are still great. And of course, definitely have to bring the phone, Fire and a suitcase full of fabulous clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You definitely thought this out. I was on the fence for practicality and luxury. Yeah agreed with all the survival stuff, I wouldn't want to have to pull a tooth out with an iceskate. I agree my Kindle is a must. Sounds like your husband is pretty handy to have around, does he pick his clothes up off the floor as well?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Erin!

    And Heidi, believe it or not he does! Well, expect for the socks. He leaves those around the house but hey, he is fabulous with everything else so, you know, I can't really complain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for the late reply!

    Bwahahahahaha! I really loved your answer! Absolutely practical and true! I opt for luxury because I assume that the deserted island is fully equipped with my comfort stuff, heehee. A girl can dream!

    Happy Late TMST!

    ReplyDelete