Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Review: My Soul To Keep by Rachel Vincent

Title: My Soul to Keep
Author: Rachel Vincent
Series: Book Three of Seven in the Soul Screamer Series (also three novellas)
Published By: Harlequin (June 1, 2010)
Genre: YA Urban Fantasy
My Rating: 4.5 Stars


Goodreads Description:
 Kaylee has one addiction: her very hot, very popular boyfriend, Nash. A banshee like Kaylee, Nash understands her like no one else. Nothing can come between them.Until something does.Demon breath. No, not the toothpaste-challenged kind. The Netherworld kind. The kind that really can kill you. Somehow the super-addictive substance has made its way to the human world. But how? Kaylee and Nash have to cut off the source and protect their friends—one of whom is already hooked.And so is someone else…

My Review:
 
Okay, sometimes I am wrong about characters, I mean take Nash for instance. I was really starting to like him, I mean swoon worthy like, but now? Now, not so much.

Can I just say that he was kind of a jerk in this book?

Okay, okay, there were some issues there, I get that. And without giving too much away, I still think he could have handled things so much better.

In fact, I think I might want to smack him. He knows better.

*sigh* Stupid boys.

I will say this though, I love Tod even more now. I always knew he was going to be a great character and I think with the last book and now this one, that just proves that I am not always wrong about characters.

I just really hope Nash can get with it and not make me want to smack him in the next book. Truly, because that is just sad.

Having said all that though, and hopefully not have giving anything away, I really adore this series. It is just so much fun and I have loved reading about Nash, Kaylee, Emma, Tod and even grumpy Sophie.

Rachel Vincent has created such a unique world with a great cast of unforgettable characters that are just plain loveable.

And I love that with each book Kaylee just keeps getting stronger and stronger and more independent, even if that independence isn't always the best thing for her to be doing.

I love that she is trying to learn more about herself and the Underworld. That she wants to make a difference and that she doesn't need a guy to get there and to do that.

I am not going to lie, by the end of this book I felt my heart breaking a little for Kaylee and the choices that she had to make.

I really look forward to reading the next book in the series. This series is quite addicting! 




5 comments:

  1. I like your review about this book. I can tell you I read them al except the last one. But I like those books a lot. And I hope you like the rest of these books as much as I did. :D

    Mariska

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mariska, I hope I like them too but I am sure I will. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard nothing but praise for the world Rachel Vincent has created! I'm not sure how I haven't picked these books up yet!

    Thanks for the review :)
    -Jac @ For Love and Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, I really hope you try them Jac! They truly are just fun reads.
    Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh! I know I said I would buddy read this with you. I still need to read book two. I am really wanting to get back into this series soon, I need to hurry before the challenge ends. Sounds like this series is getting better but I hate to see that Nash is being a pain in the rear.

    ReplyDelete