Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tell Me Something Tuesday!

Tell Me Something Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Cambria Hebert .

   
This is a fun weekly question she asks other bloggers in the hopes that we will all get to know one another a little better.

This question this week is:
What is it about books that makes you want to blog about them? What is your favorite thing about blogging?



Such a great question as always!



And I think for me the simple answer is just that I adore to read and want to share it with others. I have a passion for books and I want to share that with others.


 I want to help others find books and characters and series that I myself, have fallen in love with. If I can do that by sharing my reviews, good or bad, then so be it.

Plus, I have fun blogging. It lets me do something that only I do (well in my family at least). It lets me have an excuse to get immersed in a new book and just have some down time venturing into another world that someone else has created and getting lost.
Feeling those feelings of first love or heartache or despair or whatever,  all over again or maybe even for the first time. 



 I was always getting asked by family members and friends that knew I read a lot what book I was currently reading or what books would I recommend to them next. And since I do read a lot and am sometimes forgetful I thought what better way to remember all of the books I have read  and loved them to find a way to keep track of them and write reviews for them? Hence starting a blog.



Even though blogging sometimes takes a lot of time and I still don't have everything figured out, I still love doing it and until that changes I plan on blogging for a long time.


7 comments:

  1. Great answer!!! I am still trying to figure out some of the blogging world too - actually its more the html codes and the computers that stump me. LOL!!

    I get asked a lot about what books I recommend as well!! It is hard to remember them all because I have read so many but its still fun to share a love of books with others and talk about books with friends and family.

    THanks for being part of TMST!!! Hope to see you next week for Book Boyfriends! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics you posted within your response! :)

    I too get asked all the time what books should be read. It excites me when I recommend something and then get to talk to that person about those books. :)

    Blogging is still a mystery to a lot of us. No matter how long we've been doing this, there's always something new to learn. :)

    Happy Tuesday!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never thought that blogging was something I only did, from my friends and family, but reading what you wrote I realise I love it even more for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gret, thoughtful answer Ali. loved your pics as well. I couldn't agree more, sharing your passion is so fun and and fulfilling. Heck, we are learning new things every week. Super glad I met you as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never thought of it that way before! Blogging is definitely one of the most effective ways to keep track of what you've read and what you haven't read. Very creative!

    Happy Tuesday!

    Natasha@ Dreamland Teenage Fantasy

    ReplyDelete