Sunday, July 29, 2012

Author Interview: D.S. Anderson

Today I get to bring you a very special interview with Author D.S. Anderson and her YA Sci-Fi, World After.




Book Description:
This book is about a young girl, living in our world hundreds of years after it has been decimated by plague and an earth-sized earthquake. A new element has changed the DNA, giving people new powers. She must find courage and survive a journey of being kidnapped twice, visiting oracles, and fighting the bad guy. Along the way, she may also find love.


Author Bio:
I don't know how to write a bio about myself. I'll just try to tell you about me. I am a stay-at-home mom of two rambunctious, mischievous boys, ages 6 and 4.  I go to school full time for Creative Writing. I have lived in Utah my whole life, although I really want to move to California. I love to dance, I was on the Ballroom team at my high school, write, cook, eat, and read. I am excited to be breaking into the writing world.

Author Interview:

MGO: "Thank you so much Diana for being here today and agreeing to do an interview with me! I guess my first question for you would be, Did you always know you wanted to be a writer?"

D.S.: "No. In fact, throughout the years, I have changed my mind many times about what I've wanted to do besides being a mom. But I have been writing stories for as long as I can remember."

MGO: "I am always curious what authors read in their free time. What was the last book you read?"

D.S.: "It was the most recent in a series by Rachel Ann Nunes. It's titled "Final Call." It's about a woman who has the power to touch objects and recall powerful memories other people have left "imprinted" on that object. She uses this power to solve crimes."

MGO: "Do you get to spend much time reading when you aren't writing?"

D.S.: "Ha ha. No. Between kids, school (mine and theirs), and life in general, I have to make the time to read."

MGO: "What did you want to be when you were little?"

D.S.: "Oh, so many things. An actress, a teacher, a cowgirl, a dentist,  a journalist. At one point I wanted to drive my car around and clean up garbage. There were more, but I can't remember them right now."

MGO: "Most influential person in your life?"

D.S.: "My sister, Krystal. I have always looked up to her, even to this day."

MGO: "In 15 words or less tell us about your book."

D.S.: "The apocalypse came. Hundreds of years later, the survivors must fight or die trying."

MGO: "Who was your favorite character(s) to write about?"

D.S.:
"I like Terrance. He's complicated but caring; he's a fighter; there's a lot more to him than "meets the eye."  I had a hard time writing about Camille, the heroine, because I didn't want her to have to hurt too much. I had to go back and re-write fight scenes so it didn't seem too nice. =)"

MGO: "Thank you so much again for being here today Diana and for letting us get to know you and your new book a little better!"

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That certainly is an interesting list of things she wanted to be. Driving around and picking up garbage is definitely a bit bizarre but it made me smile!

    ReplyDelete