Thursday, July 19, 2012

Indie Book of the Week; More Than A Friend Request by Julie Prestsater!

Once again I am very excited to have another book by Julie on my site.
This is the first non YA book by her that I have read (although not her first one published) and I really enjoyed it.

If you are looking for a great light summer read then I recommend this book all the way.



Goodreads Description:
Sometimes there is no escaping the past.

Hannah Jones is a relatively happy woman doing a job she loves, counseling high school students, owning her own place and working with her best friend. She seems to have everything she ever wanted. The only problem is she still wants the one who got away. Adam Cooper. The love of Hannah's life and the man who broke her heart. She hasn't heard from him in fifteen years and suddenly there he is asking her to be his friend on a social network. Faced with a choice, Hannah must decide if she should open herself to potential heartbreak once again and accept him, or hit decline and run as fast as she can.

Adam Cooper walked away from the one he loved fifteen years ago. But the passing time has done little to make him forget the sexy woman with wild hair and big brown eyes. Not a single day has gone by that he hasn’t thought about Hannah and wished she were back in his arms. Now, his little sister has convinced him to make an account on a social site and he can’t help but search for the woman who has invaded his dreams for more than a decade. He has the perfect job and the perfect family. There’s only one thing—or person—missing and he’s finally ready to get her back. But first, Hannah must be willing to accept his request.

From the author of the Double Threat Series and Against the Wall comes a story of just how far you are willing to go to accept the past and move on to the future.


My Thoughts and Review:
 
I really enjoyed Julie Prestsater's YA series Double Threat, so I was really curious to see what she would be able to do with a contemporary romance book, which is why I jumped all over the chance to be able to read and review her latest work, More Than A Friend Request.

And can I say for the record that I am so glad that I read this book? Because I really am.

This was such a cute fun summer read. 

The character's story was engaging and more than once I found myself getting teary eyed at the heartfelt scenes. I adored Danny! If I had a son I seriously would want him to be just like him. I think he was my favorite character.

This really is just one of those feel good stories that you can read in one sitting. Yeah, there may be a few cheesy moments but hey, I happen to love the cheese! 

Plus being a hopeless romantic and all, well, this book filled all those spots I happen to love and adore. I knew coming into this one that it wasn't going to be this huge complicated storyline and sometimes it is nice to have something that you know you can read without all the drama and know that you are going to get a cute read with a great happily ever after.

Overall I give this one 3.5 Stars!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a good book. I added it to my TBR pile.

    My blog - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope you enjoy it too!

    ReplyDelete