Thursday, July 12, 2012

Indie Book of the Week; Tremble by Addison Moore

I have missed doing my indie book of the week meme so I am very excited this week to be bringing you a new one! 

It is summer (as I am sure you are all very aware of as temperatures around the states soar)  and while it has been a busy one with lots of tour stops and interviews, I have also had the great opportunity to read and review some pretty amazing books.

I have been trying to make sure along the way that I have been reading indie authors as well and traditionally published ones and while I haven't had as much time as I would like to read and review all the indie books on my list, I am still (albeit slowing) getting them done (if you are still waiting for me to read and review yours, no worries I will get to it, I promise!).

The book I am featuring today is part of the Celestra series, book two in fact.  I really enjoyed the first book in the series and was really looking forward to the second and they are ones that have been in my TBR pile, well, for way longer than I would like to admit.




So without further ado, I bring you Tremble by Addison Moore!




Goodreads Description:
Sixteen year-old, Skyla Messenger is determined to bring back the dead.

For Skyla, being an angel from the coveted Celestra faction hasn't been easy.

An entire band of wicked angels is after her blood, a Sector is after something far more sinister, and her newfound powers lead her on a quest to save her dead father.

Skyla and her boyfriend Logan try to piece together a plan to take down the Countenance in order to maintain their relationship, but will Skyla's burgeoning feelings for Gage get in the way?

And when Skyla decides to use her powerful blood to change the fate of another deceased soul, just who is going to stop her?


My Thoughts and Review:
 
I really enjoyed the first book in this series, Ethereal, so I was pretty excited to start reading the sequel, to get more of Skyla, Gage and Logan, they are such great characters, who wouldn't want more of them? Plus, I confess, I love looking at all the covers in this series, they are just gorgeous, truly breathtaking.

This book starts off a short while after the first one ended but when I started it I felt like maybe something happened that I missed in the first one, I couldn't put my finger on it but it felt like something happened along the way that was never stated out loud. Maybe I just felt that way because it had been a month or two since I read the first book in the series, I am not sure, either way, I felt a little lost coming into this one.

I love Moore's writing style it is nicely done and everything flows together very well but she has a habit of starting new chapters with days lapsing between the last one and sometimes it can be disorienting especially when the last chapter ended with something big happening and you are left hanging a little wondering, is that all she is going to say about that? About what just happened? We don't get anything more?

Either way, that still doesn't seem to distract me enough to not want to read more, which is nice because really this is a great series. I really like Skyla, Gage (so loving him more and more as this series goes), Logan and the rest of the gang. I like learning their secrets and watching them struggle to overcome what is happening in their lives and to work around the danger that is always lurking in the corners.

I wasn't sure I liked Skyla as much in this book though, she seems to be very confused about her feelings for Gage and Logan, more so than the first. And while I can understand her hesitancy between two wonderful guys and the circumstances between them all, I wish she would just make a decision already. They are both wonderful and it seems like it just ends up hurting them all. Throw in a couple of other guys that want her too and you have not just a love triangle but a love...er...rectangle? Pentagon? Hexagon? Either way, a whole lot of guys and only one girl and the guys just keep coming it seems.

A lot is discovered in this book, about her friends, her family (who seriously, her mom is just atrocious!), herself and a lot really does happen, one of which is an outright war has been started on her behalf.

This series can be frustrating but it really keeps you wanting more, it is crazy! It makes me come to only one conclusion that makes sense, Addison Moore really is a genius. She has come up with a story so compelling that it is addicting no matter how frustrated or even unhappy it makes you at times.

I am so glad that all the books have finally been released because I know more and more with each book that I finish, I just am left wanting more of the story and I am thrilled that I can just jump right into the next one without having to wait.

Overall I give this one 4.5 Stars!!


5 comments:

  1. I have been eyeing this series for ahwile. The covers are stunning. I will have to check it out despite the love rectangle and cliffhanger chapters...those drive me nuts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does hook you Heidi, regardless of how frustrating it can be at times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cover alone would have me read this. A series you say, well, well, well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree emaginette, all the covers for this series are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for continuing to call my attention to some great indie reads. It saves me hoards of time starting books that I don't like. I can't wait to try this author.

    ReplyDelete