Saturday, July 28, 2012

Indie Book of the Week; Shackled by Angela Carling



Every once in a while you come across a book that just leaves you reeling with emotion and truly just blows you away.
This weeks Indie Book of the Week is one such book.

I can't even say enough about this book, it was just that good. I am so sad that I have had this sitting in my TBR pile for awhile before finally picking it up. I had no idea what I was missing out on.

This weeks Indie Book of the Week goes to Angela Carling and her amazing book Shackled



Book Description:

After shy, quiet Lucy and her family move from their small hometown in Minnesota to Seattle, Washington, she is surprised when Ryan, the most popular boy at school asks her out. Soon, she is swept up in a whirlwind romance and her naïve and trusting nature allows her to fall head over heels in love with her too-good-to-be suitor. Suddenly, Lucy finds herself enraptured by the excitement of her new relationship, leaving her blinded to the warning signs of danger ahead. Can her fairy tale romance last, or will she find that her prince charming is more like a wolf in sheep’s clothing.





My Thoughts and Review:
 
To say this was a powerful novel would be an understatement. This was so much more.

This novel was truly so well written. So well voiced.

Sensitive topis of abuse can be so hard to write about but Carling handles this so well that it will blow your mind.

I am actually a little speechless to be honest. Maybe I should just say that the characters in this book are completely unforgettable and that I will be thinking about them for a very long time. Long after the book has been put down and long after I move on to another.

If I gave this book any less than 5 Stars I would be doing a huge injustice to the author and to other readers who will come across this review. I would give this book more stars if I could, I really would.

Maybe because this is a topic that is so near and dear to my heart that I understand how hard it was for the author to write. Maybe that is why it gripped me so much and left me feeling a whirlwind of emotions. Whatever the reason, this is a book you really must read.

It is intense and raw and even a little gritty.

I applaud the author for a job well done, for a story and characters beautifully written. I will definitely be checking her other books out and buying them up.

I think I may have just found another new author to love.

5 Very Solid, 5 Very Well Deserved Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment