Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to let others know what we are looking forward to releasing in the next few weeks.

This week I am looking forward to yet another sequel where I fell in love with the first book and have high hopes for this one. Plus, come on now, that cover is beautiful! How could the cover whore in me resist it?



Book Description:
A city in flames. A trust betrayed. A perfect love destroyed.

Has Aria lost Hunter, her one true love?

Ever since rebellion broke out in Mystic City, pitting the ruling elite against the magic-wielding mystics, Aria has barely seen her boyfriend. Not surprising, since Hunter is the leader of the mystic uprising, and he'll do whatever it takes to win freedom for his people—even if that means using Aria.

But Aria is no one's pawn. She believes she can bring the two warring sides together, save the city, and win back the Hunter she fell in love with.

Before she can play peacemaker, though, Aria will need to find the missing heart of a dead mystic. The heart gives untold powers to whoever possesses it, but finding it means seeking out a fierce enemy whose deepest desire is for Aria to be gone—forever.



I admit it has been awhile since I read the first book and I might need a refresher before starting this one but I am still really excited about it because I remember loving Mystic City way more than I had expected. I can only hope this one lives up to the first.

30 comments:

  1. I remember being excited when Mystic City came out, but I never had the chance to read it. But now that the sequel is coming, maybe I will try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome cover. I didn't read Mystic City when it came out b/c I thought it was just on more dystopian in the multitude of dystopians that have come out recently, but if you liked it so much, maybe I should give it a shot . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cover is as gorgeous as the first one! I never got the chance to read book one, but both books sound fantastic. I hope you enjoy Toxic Heart as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really hope so too and I agree, they have fantastic covers!

      Delete
  4. Wow, I love this cover, I hadn't seen it yet! Super excited to read this one too, great choice! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am glad you plan on reading it as well Lauren. :D

      Delete
  5. Ahhhh! How could I have forgotten this one Ali? I really enjoyed the first book but for some reason the series slipped my mind and I forgot to follow up and see when this one came out. Unacceptable. Thanks for putting it back on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, there has been so very little posted about it it is crazy because the first book really was good. Hopefully I haven't forgotten too much!

      Delete
  6. I'm excited about this one too! I remember the first one pretty well I think. Hopefully it comes back to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I do too but I am sure there are some things I forgot. I remember it being a dystopian tale of Romeo and Juliet I think? Crap maybe I have forgotten more than I thought LOL!

      Delete
  7. I added this into a Friday Forecast and was eager to read it. I liked Mystic City, but it has been awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean Heidi. I think because I got an ARC of the first one it seems even longer since I have read it.

      Delete
  8. Oh this looks like Cassandra Clare's covers! :) I love them so yeah I like this one, too. I haven't heard of it though, so thanks for sharing. Great pick, Ali :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. *bounces* Ali I cannot wait for this and hope it is in my Random box :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read the first book yet, although I own it, but I agree that the cover is stunning!
    Great pick, Ali!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should read it Maja, I think you would really like it!

      Delete
  11. Nice pick. This sounds interesting and new to me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't read Mystic City yet, but that might work towards my advantage. Now I don't have to wait so long between books. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will definitely be an advantage Christy! I think I need to reread Mystic City or at least skim through it again.

      Delete
  13. I haven't heard of this series either! Sound fantastic. You and Tressa are making my TBR list waaaayyy too big :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This one looks good but I still need to read the first book

    Great Pick!

    My WoW pick

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should read the first one, it really was great!

      Delete
  15. I haven't read Mystic City, but I'm curious about it. This series seems so unique and I love the covers :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely read it, it is pretty good!

      Delete