Saturday, June 28, 2014

Mini Review: Grimm Consequences by Kate SeRine

Title: Grimm Consequences
Author: Kate SeRine
Series: Novella in the Transplanted Tales Series (#1.5)
Published By: Kensington (April 24, 2014)
Source: Purchased
Genre: Urban Fantasy
My Rating: 4 Stars!


Book Description:
You reap what you sow...

Saying Nate Grimm has a dark past is an understatement. Fortunately, no one's bothered to look too closely at the Fairytale Management Authority's lead detective and part-time Reaper. And that's the way Nate wants to keep it. For after centuries of torment and loneliness, he's finally found happiness with the hot and hard-charging love of his life, Tess "Red" Little. 

Of course, his love for Tess is the reason there's a posse of Reaper judges after him, led by a sadistic bastard acquainted with Nate from once upon a time. Now, Tess will pay the price for Nate's transgressions unless Nate severs his ties to the transplanted Tales--and Tess--forever. His enemy has the advantage in speed, malice and brutality. But the Reapers have underestimated the depth of Nate's love and devotion. And the fury of his wrath. . .







After meeting Nate in the first book there was no way in heck I was going to pass by the chance to read more about him and hopefully learn more about his past. I fell in love with his character and was fascinated by him. I needed more and oh boy did I get more. I think I very well might be more in love with him now than I was in Red. In fact, move over Red, you have competition.

On a more serious note, this gave me everything I was missing in Red and then some. It answered so many questions, gave me so much more Nate and Red time and really focused on other characters as well, characters I can't wait to learn more about in the next installments. And even though I am sad book two won't be about Nate and Red, I am really hoping we still get glimpses of them because I love them as a couple.  

I can see now why this series is getting such great reviews and I for one, want more and will be continuing on with it. It is amazing how much one novella can really add to a storyline and make you fall in love with a series.





*All thoughts and opinions are my own and were not influenced by the author or publisher. I was not compensated for this review.*

21 comments:

  1. It so amazing when a character you really liked gets its own novella. I'm so glad you enjoyed this one and I must say that Nate sounds really good. Great review, Ali :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I love it when that happens. I do hope he shows up here and there in the other books.

      Delete
  2. I've never heard of this series before, but you make it sound so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you would like it Joy, especially if you like UF at all.

      Delete
  3. Oh I loved this one, Red is my fave character!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn it! You keep making me want to add even more books to my TBR. These sound really great, might have to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love novellas especially ones that focus on certain characters. Shatter Me had a wonderful one about the character everyone thought they hated, but the novella changed minds.
    I've yet to read the book that inspired this, but the cover has me intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do too. And I know exactly which series and book you are talking about and you are right, it totally made me see him in a different light as well.

      Delete
  6. Well, heck ... A lot of people do seem to love these. I guess I should probably make Red more of a priority.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep telling you to read them *shakes head*

      Delete
    2. I know, she needs to pick this one up, You hear that Christy, pick them up...NOW!

      Delete
  7. *giggles* Heck yes Ali..totally agree and I adore Nate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I know, I need to listen to you more, you never steer me wrong. ;)

      Delete
  8. I have no idea what this series is about, to be honest, but I'm eager to know more about it. Nate sounds fantastic, and I want in in your inside jokes with Kimberly :P Ahihi

    Faye at The Social Potato Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just had to add this to my "read sooner than later" that is now getting bigger and bigger :). hehe! I cannot wait to read this series :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well this cover is certainly hot and to hear the series is great to....adding it to my list now. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Glad you are adding it to your TBR pile Ellen!

      Delete