Wednesday, June 4, 2014

WoW Pick on the Week

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to let others know what book or books we are most excited about releasing soon. Those series and authors we can't wait to get our hands on.

This week my pick is an easy one because I just adore this author and can't wait for her newest release, which just so happens to be in a new genre for her as well. I am so excited to give it a try and come on now, how can anyone resist the eye candy?



Book Description:


His life was never easy. Hers wasn’t supposed to be this hard. They come from different worlds, but fate lures them together in a way neither expected in Cecy Robson’s raw, steamy New Adult debut—perfect for fans of Monica Murphy and J. Lynn.

Evelyn Preston’s future once looked perfect—until her wealthy father was caught in an embezzlement scandal and took his own life. Alone and struggling to pay her college tuition and bills, Evelyn finds a job as a waitress at the ultra-hip nightclub Excess, where she used to have more in common with the privileged private-school clientele than her fellow staff members. But something attracts her to the sexy six-foot-four bouncer and underground MMA fighter Mateo Tres Santos. Although they’ve led different lives, their troubled pasts bonds them in both survival and love.

Mateo is ex-army who wound up in prison for assaulting the man who harmed his sister. Now he’s feeling the same protective impulse for this petite blond waitress. When Evelyn experiences a panic attack at the club, Mateo comes to her rescue. And when Mateo is wounded shielding her from a brawl, Evelyn returns the favor and comes to his aid.

As their attraction intensifies, Mateo is determined to find out what nightmares are lurking in Evelyn’s past—even if that means tackling his own to save her.



So what are you most excited about releasing soon? is this one on your list?

41 comments:

  1. This one is on my list now! Hooray for ex-military, MMA fighters who protect their families (and little blonde waitresses ;) ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me wants this one!!!! Definitely loving the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger just ate my last comment, but basically what I said was YES TO THIS BOOK ALI! A bouncer/MMA fighter hero? Sign me up immediately:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn blogger!

      But yay that you want to read this one too Jenny!!

      Delete
  4. oh HELLO! Is it sad that I want to read the book on the cover model alone? But other than that, it sounds great too! Thanks for sharing :)

    I haven't heard of this one yet

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always nervous when a favourite author branches into a new genre. I hope you love this one when it comes out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be so touch and go but I trust Cecy so much and I love her writing that I just know this will be fabulous. ;)

      Delete
  6. I've not heard of this one before, thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been seeing this one a lot lately, sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad word is getting around about this one!

      Delete
  8. Oh, this sounds good. I've read & enjoyed Real by Katy Evans, and this sounds similar in style and a author I haven't tried yet so I'm definitely going to check this one out more. Thanks Ali! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't tried her adult UF series yet? Oh my goodness, you need to fix that. It is amazing!!

      Delete
  9. Great pick, Ali. I am definitely reading this one as you know I love her Weird Girls series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited she decided to branch out into a new genre. :)

      Delete
  10. Mmm, eye candy for sure :D And it sounds fun too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with a little eye candy here and there. ;)

      Delete
  11. Yup, yup, yup ... I'm waiting for this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Heehee I think a lot of us are eagerly awaiting this one.

      Delete
  13. I haven't heard of this author before, I'll have to look into her books some more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her adult series is called the Weird Sisters, I highly recommend it!!

      Delete
  14. Not a fan of the cover (it's boring IMO D:) but the blurb is interesting enough for me to put it under my radar. Awesome pick, love! :)

    Faye at The Social Potato Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Gasp* You don't love the eye candy? Just kidding. Glad the description caught your attention even if the cover didn't. ;)

      Delete
  15. This sounds really good! I just added it to my Amazon wishlist. :) Thanks for sharing.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! So happy to hear that! Thanks so much for stopping by!!

      Delete
  16. Oh yes I'm so curious about this one as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good! I have high hopes for this read. :)

      Delete
  17. I don't read too many books with the central theme being romance, but I still may give this one a try. The guy being a boxer sounds pretty cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. On my list!!! and HELLO hottie on the cover ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ooh this is very different from her other stuff, I hadn't heard of this one yet! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds good! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm not sure about the underground fighting thing but the rest of the story sounds pretty good. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete