Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tell Me Something Tuesday!


It has been way too long since I have participated in this fun weekly meme hosted by Heidi at Rainy Day Ramblings. 
Each week she has a question she asks us and all we have to do is answer it. Pretty simple really and so much fun.

This week's questions is:
What are your summer picks for 2014?

(edit: Looks like this is actually next week's question! Apparently I got ahead of myself this week in planning posts.)


I love this question because I am always looking forward to new releases. Even though I literally have a TBR pile in the thousands (yes thousands) I still can't resist those new books.

And even though this is a super easy question to answer, it is also a tricky one because I was lucky enough to get ARCs of some of the ones I really was looking forward to being out this summer. I will list those ones here as well because even though I have already read them I was so excited about them releasing.

First up:

I freaking love this series. So incredibly good. If you haven't tried it yet and love UF this is a MUST READ series.

My review for this one will be posted soon. ;)




And next on my summer lists that I have already read are two YA books that series took me by surprise with how much I fell in love with them:




And



(Review for this one will be posted soon as well so be on the lookout for it this month!)

And last one, Sarah Fine's newest release. I fell in love with her writing after reading her YA series and was so excited that she was coming out with something completely new. Let me tell you, it was fantastic and I am so excited to share my review with you on it in July.





Here are the ones I am most looking forward to that are releasing this summer that I haven't gotten my grubby little hands on.

Top of my list has to be the last book in the All Souls trilogy. It feels like I have been waiting forever for this darn book and I am so excited it is almost here!

Even though I am not ready for summer to be almost over, July can't get here soon enough for this one!




And really that is it for most anticipated. There are tons I want to read but really this is the one that I know I will drop everything else for and start as soon as I get it.

I am also extending this question by adding books that I want to read this summer. I am mostly doing this for my own benefit because I need to write it down and post it somewhere so I won't forget all the wonderful books I am going to try my hardest to get to this summer (and probably fall). 

So here is my tentative summer picks to read this year:

Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi

I started this series and fell in love with it but have sadly had to put it on hold. I really want to finish it because I just have to know how it ends.

Sixth Grave On the Edge by Darynda Jones

I freaking love this series and I need to get this one read. I can't believe I have held out this long but hey, I guess the longer I wait the less time I have until the next one right?

On Dublin Street by Samantha Young

I have been telling myself I will try this author and keep putting it off. Well, I think it is about time I try one of her books and see for myself what all the fuss is about.


Mortal Danger by Ann Aguirre

It is about time I tried this author as well and this one looks like a good place to start.


The Distance Between Us by Kasie West

I love all her books and I know I will love this one as well.

Written In Red by Anne Bishop

Another one I need to read, plus if I don't read it soon, I think Kim might come after me. 

Cinder by Marissa Meyer

If I don't start this one soon, all my blogging friends might come after me. ;)


Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

Yes I am one of the few pathetic ones who haven't read this book yet. *sigh* see how awful I am and how I am neglecting my poor TBR pile? Shame on me.

Bitter Spirits by Jenn Bennett

I love anything to do with the 1920's and I can't believe I haven't picked this one up before now.


I could go on and on, I have 60 books just sitting on my kindle and I don't even want to tell you how many are in my cloud because it would be embarrassing but I really need a good solid month of just TBR books again here soon or I will never get any of these read. I can't believe I am missing out on so many good read.

So what about you, what books are you dying to read and kicking yourself over not having started yet? I know I can't be the only one that hasn't read all of these.





38 comments:

  1. Love CRobson too & just got approved for.Baroness! Squee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list. I just got Book of Life and have Cecy's book. I am behind on the Strange and Deadly series..but these are all awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a fantastic list Ali! I'm DYING for Of Metal and Wishes, I'm madly in love with Sarah's writing and can't wait to see what she does with this one. I'm reading Mortal Danger right now and am loving it, so I can't wait to see what you think! And YAY On Dublin Street! I really think you'll love it and want to devour the whole rest of the series:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am too, she is a fab author and I just adore everything she has written that I have tried so far.

      Delete
  4. Sarah Fine is AWESOME! I can't wait to see what she comes up with next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list, thanks for sharing. I too am waiting for Deborah Harkness's upcoming end of her trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just know it will be fabulous and worth the wait.

      Delete
  6. I got A Discovery of Witches yesterday so I can start that series. I have Of Metal and Wishes and hope I can squeeze it in soon, I'm so excited! Lots of other good ones listed here too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love Discovery Candace, it really is one of my favorites.

      Delete
  7. You have so many series that I want to start. The charley davison series is top of my list!

    Great picks!


    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one should be at the top, it is beyond fab. I hope you can get to it soon!

      Delete
  8. I'm really excited for Mortal Danger as well! And Cinder was so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard that so many times that I know I need to get to it soon.

      Delete
  9. Oh gosh, I have SO many books in my overall TBR. I love to buy and be given books, but I rarely have time to read them right away. From your list, I still really want to read Cinder and Written in Red. From my own collection, SO SO many. I don't even know...I want to read Love Letters to the Dead and The 5th Wave (I bought both because of good reviews overall). I'm so curious about them.

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, it is hard to keep up with all the great releases sometimes.

      Delete
  10. Oh yes, I agree with your whole list and as far as the books below that you want to read, definitely read every one of them. I have read them all and loved them! Written in Red is fantastic. I loved the audio books! So sorry I screwed up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries!!
      And I really am going to try my hardest to get to them all, wish me luck!

      Delete
  11. I think the universe is trying to tell me something. This is the second time I've seen The Book of Life today! I've actually had Book 1 on my TBR for a while now but haven't picked it up because the length of it is so intimidating!

    I am also so excited to read Of Metals and Wishes! :D I was lucky enough to get a copy off of EW and I am excited because I love her Guards of the Shadowlands series and cannot wait to read it! :D

    And you DEFINITELY need to read Bitter Spirits! It was such a fun read! :D :D

    Fantastic List! :D

    Rashika @ The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be trying to tell you something? I say, listen up and get reading! :P

      Delete
  12. I don't know if I'll get to Strange and Ever After. I just can't bring myself to get excited for the 2nd book, which I should've read by now. I'm just not in the mood. I hate that. 7I bet you'll love The Distance Between Us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It happens. The second book wasn't quite as good as the first but the last really was good Christy. Hopefully you fill up to it soon.

      Delete
  13. I'm so late but I can't wait to read the Robson book! I love her series so much!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I cannot wait for The Book of Life. I'm doing a buddy reread/read of the series with a bunch of Goodreads peeps, and it's. Going. To be awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, yes, you definitely should read Cinder! That series has become one of my favorites! You have a great list of books to read. My summer picks are the books that have been sitting on my shelf for a while. My goal is to restrain myself from buying new books until I get those read... Well, we'll see how THAT goes... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with that Natalie, I know it won't be easy!

      Delete
  16. Great list! YAY! Someone else who has yet to get to Hopeless, something I really need to hurry up and do. I'm going to pre-order Ugly Love and I might buy Hopeless and Losing Hope while I am at it. I've loved all her books I have read so I'm sure I'll loved those too! :) Good luck getting to them all :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I am not the only one that feels behind sometimes. ;)

      Delete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fab list! Can't wait to see how you feel about Cinder, On Dublin Street and Written in Red. Those all have so much blogger love I had to read them and I ended up loving them all quite a bit. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you loved all three of those, it does make it easier to start them knowing so many people have already approved them. ;)

      Delete