Wednesday, June 18, 2014

My WoW Pick of the Week

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to share those new releases we are most looking forward to in the upcoming months.

Believe it or not I had to really think about this one this week. Not because I don't always have books I am excited about reading but because for some reason my memory sucks this week and I couldn't remember what I had already posted about. I think this is a sure sign that I am either A) getting older or B)just not getting enough sleep even though it is summer, my internal clock is still waking me up at the same time, even though I am going to bed way later than I normally do, sooooo, yeah, I am going with that theory B over theory A, because you know it is the nicer option to think about. :P


So this week I am picking a book that actually releases next week. This is a trilogy that I started reading on a whim and was soon caught up in. It isn't a well known series but one I have loved even so. This is also the last and final book in the trilogy and I am eager to see how the author ends it all. I am keeping my fingers crossed it will be a good ending and one that holds true to the rest of the previous installments.


Book Description:

In book three of the Testing series, the United Commonwealth wants to eliminate the rebel alliance fighting to destroy The Testing for good. Cia is ready to lead the charge, but will her lethal classmates follow her into battle?

She wants to put an end to the Testing
In a scarred and brutal future, The United Commonwealth teeters on the brink of all-out civil war. The rebel resistance plots against a government that rules with cruelty and cunning. Gifted student and Testing survivor, Cia Vale, vows to fight.

But she can't do it alone.
This is the chance to lead that Cia has trained for - but who will follow? Plunging through layers of danger and deception, Cia must risk the lives of those she loves--and gamble on the loyalty of her lethal classmates.

Who can Cia trust?
The stakes are higher than ever-lives of promise cut short or fulfilled; a future ruled by fear or hope--in the electrifying conclusion to Joelle Charbonneau's epic Testing trilogy. Ready or not…it's Graduation Day.

The Final Test is the Deadliest!






So what about you, what are you most looking forward to this week? I would love to hear about it. :)

38 comments:

  1. I heard good things about the first book in this series--I really need to try it sometime! Hope you get your hands on this one soon. :)

    I'm trying to get some reading time for RUIN AND RISING. It's been insanely busy for us on the blog and I have some family stuff going on as well. Don't they know I have books to read?? So inconsiderate.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to finish that trilogy as well! It has been so long though since reading the first, I am hoping I can still just jump in .

      Delete
  2. Sounds interesting...I think it's dystopian, right? Still trying to grasp what fits in that genre and what doesn't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be hard to tell sometimes and yes, dystopian fits this one best.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I hope you get this soon, so I see what you think of it Ali. I read The Testing and really enjoyed the story, but need to catch up to this series :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you have at least tried it and liked it. :)

      Delete
  4. I haven't started reading this series. I hope you enjoy this one!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, hey! That's so cool that you chose this book. I was just recommended this series! It does sound pretty cool. I really need to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you will end up giving it a try then.

      Delete
  6. I haven't read this series yet but it seems like I see it everywhere. I hope you can get your hands on this one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know these books, but i haven't read any of them. I hope the ending is great!! I have a book from one of this author's adult series I need to read soon though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize they had another series, I will have to check it out too. Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  8. Hi Kindlemom this looks great!

    thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie!! Hey, do you have a website by chance?

      Delete
    2. Opps, never mind. I am an idiot! :P

      Delete
  9. I haven't heard of this series before, I'll have to look into the first book :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the first two books and the third as an eARC, really need to hurry up and start this because I hear amazing things. I hope you love it when you finally get to read it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you really like them all as well and I can't wait to see what you think about the third one.

      Delete
  11. Ooh, I still haven't read The Testing! But I've heard amazing things about this series. I'm actually getting the first book in the mail soon, so I can't wait to start the series. Great pick! :)

    Holly @ Part of that World

    ReplyDelete
  12. You crack me up...My memory sucks every day...so I get it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to hear what you think of this book - I'm curious about the series but kind of want to wait and see how reviews pan out for the whole set before starting it. Hope you enjoy it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping this last book really pulls everything together.

      Delete
  14. I can't believe it's the end of this one's trilogy already! I never really liked the first book, and didn't bother with the second, so I probably won't on this either. But I am super looking forward to The Golden Son! Or was it Sun? Blah! It's by Pierce Brown ;) I loved the first book a lot and I really can't wait to read its sequel!

    Faye at The Social Potato Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have heard of that one, I need to check it out.

      Delete
  15. I've heard mixed things about book one so I haven't picked it up yet, but during my bookstore visits I would always stare at it and wonder if I should pick it up, haha! x)

    This week I'm looking forward to... hm... a lot of books! x)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are way too many great releases this year. ;)

      Delete
  16. It's a new one for me but I would be curious to learn more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't started this series yet, but one of my sisters has, and she LOVED it. I'm thinking I need to check it out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm hoping to read this series back to back by the end of the year. They all sound great, and it's cool how they were all released so close together :)

    ReplyDelete