Wednesday, June 25, 2014

My WoW Pick of the Week



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to share those new releases were are super anxious to get our hands on and read.

Okay, I know a ton of people didn't like Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire but I did, in fact I loved it. I just couldn't get enough of Travis and Abby and their crazy sometimes dysfunctional and obsessive love for one another. In fact it was the book that made me fall in love with McGuire's writing, so it is no surprise here that I am anxiously waiting the spin off series that is all about the Maddox brothers.



Book Description:

Fiercely independent Camille "Cami" Camlin gladly moved on from her childhood before it was over. She has held down a job since before she could drive, and moved into her own apartment after her freshman year of college. Now tending bar at The Red Door, Cami doesn’t have time for much else besides work and classes, until a trip to see her boyfriend is cancelled, leaving her with a first weekend off in almost a year.

Trenton Maddox was the king of Eastern State University, dating co-eds before he even graduated high school. His friends wanted to be him, and women wanted to tame him, but after a tragic accident turned his world upside down, Trenton leaves campus to come to grips with the crushing guilt. 

Eighteen months later, Trenton is living at home with his widower father, and works full-time at a local tattoo parlor to help with the bills. Just when he thinks his life is returning to normal, he notices Cami sitting alone at a table at The Red. 

As the baby sister of four rowdy brothers, Cami believes she’ll have no problem keeping her new friendship with Trenton Maddox strictly platonic. But when a Maddox boy falls in love, he loves forever—even if she is the only reason their already broken family could fall apart.


In the first installment of the Maddox Brothers books, readers can experience the rush of reading Beautiful Disaster for the first time, all over again.






I have such high hopes for this book and am seriously hoping that I love Cami and Trenton every bit as much as Travis and his pigeon. 

Were you a fan of Beautiful Disaster? And if so are you as excited about the this one as I am?

18 comments:

  1. I am really excited for this one too! Jamie is coming for an author signing for this book and I am hoping to make it although I did already meet her once so I feel guilty spending the time and money going again LOL But I probably will!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the 'despise McGuire' camp, lol. But, I do really like the cover of this book :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL< I know you do, and that's okay. She isn't for everyone. ;)

      Delete
  3. I can't wait to read this book, it looks really great! I also love the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited about this and I'm actually getting a free copy of this book which is pretty exciting! Great choice!
    MY WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love series that focuses on brothers and their individual stories of falling in love. The Rogue Heart Series by Donna Hatch (a Regency London Historical Romance) is actually my favorite. When it comes to romance, historical us usually where I fall, but this one does sound good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check that series out Natalie, I bet I love it too!

      Delete
  6. I know a lot of people are looking forward to this, so I hope you end up loving it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of her books, so I don't have an opinion on this one. I hope you love reading it!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this! OMG - the ending or epilogue - TJ - never saw that coming.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, I never real the first one because all of the stuff that was going on in the bloggy world with the author at one point. But I always wanted to, but it just got buried in my TBR. Maybe it is time to dig it out.

    Great pick :)

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I must have some how missed all of that. I have no idea what happened and maybe that is a good thing?

      Delete