Monday, May 12, 2014

Review: Allegiance by Susannah Sandlin

Title: Allegiance
Author: Susannah Sandlin
Series: Book Four in the Penton Legacy
Published By: Montlake Romance (June 10, 2014)
Source: ARC Copy Provided by the Author 
Genre: Urban Fantasy
My Rating: 4 Stars!

Book Description:
British vampire psychiatrist and former mercenary Cage Reynolds returns to Penton, Alabama, looking for a permanent home. The town has been ravaged by the ongoing vampire war and the shortage of untainted human blood, and now the vampires and humans that make up the Omega Force are trying to rebuild. Cage hopes to help the cause, put down roots in Penton, and resolve his relationship with Melissa Calvert. The last thing he expects is to find himself drawn to Robin Ashton, a trash-talking eagle shape-shifter and new Omega recruit.

Meanwhile, as a dangerous saboteur wreaks havoc in Penton, the ruthless Vampire Tribunal leader Matthias Ludlam has been freed on the eve of his scheduled execution. But by whom? And to what end? As war and chaos rage on, love isn’t something Cage is looking for, but will his attraction to Robin distract him from the danger living among them?









I love this series. I love Sandlin's writing, her lovable characters and most of all I love that  she never ceases to deliver an outstanding novel.

Can I even begin to tell you how excited I was to learn that this book would be Cage's? And not only would it be his but really, the whole darn towns and come on now, we even get Storm Force characters in this one (love you Robin!), what more could a girl ask for?

Now before you start scratching your head wondering how a whole town's point of view could possibly be in one book, let me explain myself. There are multiple POVs in this story but not really the whole towns, in fact, very few, but this story is about the whole town. The fate of Penton is hanging by a thread and everything that was destroyed after the last battle and the leaders, Aiden, Mirren, Will and now Cage, are barely holding on to what is theirs. But if there is one thing I have learned about these sexy men is that they don't wait for things to happen, they go out and they get results. They take what is rightfully theirs and they don't think twice about it. They bow down to no one.

How can I express how much this series is a must for any paranormal lover? 

Sandlin continues to amaze me with a fast paced plot that is filled with danger, deception and swoon worthy men as well as the strong headed stubborn lovable women and because of them, I just can't seem to get enough of this series.

The ending was fantastic and I want more. No, I need more of this series. I need to see the city rebuilt and I need to see everyone settled and have that happily ever after they all deserve. 

I sure how Sandlin writes fast because I am on the edge of my seat waiting for more.







*All thoughts and opinions are my own and were not influenced by the author or publisher. I was not compensated for this review.*

31 comments:

  1. I don't remember last time I read urban fantasy. :/
    I'm glad that you enjoyed reading this sequel. Fast paced plot is always plus in my UF picks.
    Great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a fabulous series Glass. If you like vampires then it is a must read.

      Delete
  2. I only read a handful of vampire books each year because I get sick of them after a while, but I think I would enjoy Sandlin's. Great review, thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would really like this one, it really is very well done and engaging.

      Delete
  3. Well, I'm a paranormal lover Ali so I clearly need to get on this series! Normally I struggle with multiple POVs, anything more than 2 and I get all out of sorts, but it sounds like it's done well in this case and with how much you love these books I don't want to miss out for something so small! Lovely review:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was done very well and this was the first one that had more than two point of views that were prominent. Usually the villain has a voice as well but his are far and few in between.

      Delete
  4. This series got my attention awhile back and I'm definitely curious about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not much of a Paranormal fan, but this sounds intriguing! I love plots that are very much focused. Since it's centered in one place, there's a sort of intricacy there, don't you think? Can't wait to learn more about this!

    Faye at The Social Potato Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely. It makes it so easy to remember past events and really feel like you get a good sense for all the characters.

      Delete
  6. I hadn't heard of this series, but that's great you love it so much. I like that it focuses on the town at large.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love paranormal/uf series, and I definitely need to check this out! I am not the biggest fan of multiple POV swaps, but it sounds like this was handled well and it gave you a better view of what was going on in the town. Awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to go back and finish this series. I read the first two books but I read them backwards. silly me, so I didn't get what was going on at first. Still I love Suzanne and her books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, she is an amazing writer, I can't wait for the next Sentinels book!!

      Delete
  9. I'll have to look into the first book of this series :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do!! It is only $3.99 for kindle right now.

      Delete
  10. I'm definitely a PNR fan, so I would love to check out this series some more, Ali. It sounds like it just keeps getting better, and the mutli pov sounds interesting in this story. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a fun one, I hope you love it if you decide to give it a try. :D

      Delete
  11. I'm not much of a paranormal connoisseur, but I kind of know the basics. :) Sexy, take-charge men are a must. This has a curiously different kind of taste, though.

    Glad you are loving this series!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, yeah, I know I need to read this series! -sigh- I will. Promise.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love this series as well and I'm glad you had a great time with the book. I'm just so behind but I have it as well so I just need to read it. Can't wait to compare my feelings with yours. Hope it will be soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I am so happy to meet another fan, this series is seriously underrated!

      Delete
  14. Seriously how do I not know about this series???? British vampire..Yes Please. You are in no way helping my reading addiction...hehe Actually I really am excited to read this series. It helps to know you liked it :).

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just one-clicked the first few book in this series a couple days ago, LOL. Will hopefully be catching up to you soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This series is new to me, but I am definitely intrigued. You've convinced me to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. hehe I keep reading your reviews of this series and they all so exciting :D

    ReplyDelete