Wednesday, December 3, 2014

WoW Pick of the Week



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to share those new releases were are super anxious to get our hands on and read.

Oh why oh why is waiting so very hard to do?

It feels like it has been forever since I fell in love with Cumming's debut novel, The Murder Complex, but of course it is hasn't really been that long, it just incredibly hard to wait when you are anxiously awaiting a sequel. 

If there is one thing that has surprised me most this year, is how much I have enjoyed darker YA reads. I am not one for gore or guts but give me an imperfect heroine with a darker side and I am so there. 

Who would have guessed?

So without  further ado, I give you this weeks pick. 



Release Date: April 21, 2015

Book Description:
With short, fast-paced, alternating point-of-view chapters, The Death Code starts several weeks after The Murder Complex ended. Zephyr keeps the secret about Meadow close—that if she dies, The Murder Complex will be destroyed, too. Meadow, desperate to find her brother, father, and little sister, is determined to fearlessly fight to the end, even if it means sacrificing herself and her friends, new and old. The Death Code introduces a memorable cast of secondary characters and delivers a vivid and scary thrill ride read.




40 comments:

  1. I never heard of this book before ,,, GREAT PICK!! I hope you enjoy it when you get it :) I will add this book to my TBR pile ,,, thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh ... I forgot about this one! I can't even remember how the first one ended. I'll definitely have to review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will do since it has been almost a year since I read it.

      Delete
  3. Oh yeah. I forgot to even look for the second book of this series. I liked the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to read the first book in the series, but now since the date is getting closer - I may have to move it up in the tbr pile! Hope you get it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, I am hoping so as well. I am sad that it hasn't been on Edelweiss yet.

      Delete
  5. I haven't read the first one, but I hope you'll enjoy this! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES ALI!!! I was sort of horrifyingly fascinated by The Murder Complex and I can't wait to see how things unfold in The Death Code. I'm definitely anti-gore and guts as well, but The Murder Complex just worked for me:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read The Murder Complex although I was excited it when it was first announced. I'm going to have to check it out. :)
    Lovely pick!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a winner Kindlemom. I'm waiting for Sarah Morgan's upcoming First Time Forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does look like a good one Debbie, I just love her writing.

      Delete
  9. I like that cover! I'm so glad to hear you're enjoying this series! I really liked her middle grade book too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still need to read the first one, but I do have it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to read The Murder Complex and I have a copy on my bookshelf! I like the cover for this one, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still need to read The Murder Complex, and I do like a darker story these days.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I never did get around to reading The Murder Complex. I'll have to read it soon. I hope you enjoy reading this one.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am totally in love with this series' covers (they are so pretteh give meeeh) but not sure if I wanna get it because I started THE MURDER COMPLEX and just couldn't get into it D: BUT THAT COVER. THAT COVER. ME WANNNNTS.

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never would've thought I would like a darker heroine either, but there have been several to surprise me this year. This sounds really good, I hadn't heard of it before. I like the sounds of the alternating points of view.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean Molly! I have really been loving the darker different reads this year.

      Delete
  16. oh that looks like a great pick >.< i still need to read book 1

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read Murder Complex. As far as a dark heroine, it would depend on what makes her dark, and if she's evil. If she is evil, then I don't think I would like it. I have to be able to like the MC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She isn't evil at all but the world she lives in is quite that way and makes her life that way. ;) She is likable!

      Delete