Wednesday, December 24, 2014

WoW Pick of the Week



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to share those new releases were are super anxious to get our hands on and read.


Happy Christmas Eve!!

I hope everyone is doing well, getting excited for tomorrow, spending time with family and of course have a good book close by.

This weeks WoW Pick goes to none other than A.C. Gaughen's last book in her Scarlet Trilogy, Lion Heart

I adore this YA historic retelling with a twist,  series. It is absolutely fabulous and I will be super sad to see it end but I am also super anxious to see how it all comes together.

For those of you that haven't tried this series yet, what the heck are you waiting for? Even if you don't like retellings or anything historic, you are going to love this series, it is genius. 






Release Date: May 19, 2015

Book Description:
The eagerly-awaited conclusion to the Scarlet trilogy delivers another action-packed and romance-filled adventure.

Scarlet has captured the hearts of readers as well as the heart of Robin Hood, and after ceaseless obstacles and countless threats, readers will finally find out the fate of the Lady Thief.


Imprisoned by Prince John for months, Scarlet finds herself a long way from Nottinghamshire. After a daring escape from the Prince's clutches, she learns that King Richard’s life is in jeopardy, and Eleanor of Aquitaine demands a service Scarlet can’t refuse: spy for her and help bring Richard home safe. But fate—and her heart—won’t allow her to stay away from Nottinghamshire for long, and together, Scarlet and Rob must stop Prince John from going through with his dark plans for England. They can not rest until he’s stopped, but will their love be enough to save them once and for all?




24 comments:

  1. WOW great pick, I will add this to my pile ,, it is the first i hear about this book :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great series, I do hope you look into them.

      Delete
  2. I didn't know about this one but I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of the books in the series have great covers!

      Delete
  3. Ah, another series/trilogy in which I own book one but haven't started. *facepalm*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried this series. Not sure if it's for me but I hope you love it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fabulous, if you like retellings with a twist then it is a must read.

      Delete
  5. I hope you enjoy this as much as Scarlett! Hopefully, I can pick this duology up one day soon as the mix of history and legend are my favorites.

    Have a Merry Christmas, Ali!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the third book and both so far were so good Kim, this is a series I really think you will like too. :)

      Delete
  6. I need to start this series, Ali, but I'm waiting for this to come out so I can binge read the books. They sound like books that I would really enjoy! :)
    Hopefully, this will be an amazing read for you as well!
    Lovely pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nick and I am so excited you are going to read them because I really do think you will love them as much as I have. :)

      Delete
  7. I don't think I know this series! Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really need to finish this series! I so loved the first book. Great pick, Ali. :)

    Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you loved the first one! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  9. I haven't read the first and second book of this trilogy yet BUT HOLY COW THAT COVER IS GORGEOUS LIKE WHOA. It's probably the prettiest of the three!

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
  10. I own the first book in the series and am excited to read it....but I don'.t lik the cover :P The one for the 1st and 2nd book is gorgeous though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy you already have the first book, I really hope you love it!

      Delete
  11. I wasn't a huge fan of Scarlet, but I've been seeing so much around about both this one and Lady Thief lately, that I think I may have to give this series another try! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lady Thief was much better than Scarlet. I hope you decide to give this series another try.

      Delete