Sunday, March 1, 2015

March TBR Pile Challenge Line Up!




As some of you know I am once again participating in Kimba's TBR Pile Challenge and it is time now that March is here, to start that challenge so I thought I would start off with a potential list of those must reads for the month. Before I do that though, I would like to thank Kim again for hosting this challenge. It is the perfect motivator someone like me needs to put a dent (however small that may be) in my TBR pile. I had so much fun doing this last year, I just couldn't say no to doing it this year.

To see my initial post about the challenge, please go HERE. It lists all the rules and where you can go to sign up for the challenge. It is never to late to start! 

Let me tell you this wasn't an easy list for me to make this year for some reason. I have no idea why but I just couldn't decide what needed to be read. I have so many great wonderful books in my TBR pile that have come highly recommended to me that it didn't make this as easy choice. But the ones I choose (and will hopefully read) are all ones that have been recommended to me either more than once or I have been wanting to try anyways for more than a year now (yes I really said it has been over a year since I added some these babies to my pile and still haven't read them). 


First on my list and also probably the longest book in terms of page numbers (433 pages) , is this series that has also been recommended to me numerous time. In fact I almost read it for last year's challenge but ended up running out of time and of course put it on hold again. Well, I think that hold has been long enough. 

I am so hoping this darn book lives up to all the hype. Or I just might cry.




Second up is an author I just don't read enough. I have loved every single thing I have read by her and I even think I own all her books but the problem is, I have read very little of them so I am going to be ambitious and actually try to read two of her books and these two made the cut.



And this one (again I have had this since the release in 2012!):




I also plan to get caught up on some series I have been neglecting, namely the Kate Daniels series so these two are also on the list:




I also thought maybe it was about time I tried this author so On Dublin Street also made the cut (and can I say just for the record, I don't care for that cover at all. Something about it just bothers me):



Another series I desperately want to get caught up on but I still have a whole lot of books to go so at least throwing one into the mix will help right?



Okay this author I tried a long time ago (his debut I believe) and didn't love but I really want to try his latest book so I am giving him another go.

Keeping my fingers crossed I like it!




Another author I adore after last year reading her book Puddle Jumping (which also made it unto my top reads of 2014) is Amber Johnson and her new-ish release looks perfect for me:




Even though I shouldn't be starting a new series, this is one I have been meaning to start for a really long time now:



Another author and series I have wanted to try since its release in 2012:



And last but certainly not least I so want to try this book! So many of my friends (blogging and otherwise) have loved this series so I think it is about time I saw what all the fuss is about:



So these 12 books are high on my to read list. Last year I read 22 books for this challenge and I am hoping I can come close to that again. I want to leave the rest open because some days I just don't feel like reading anything I had plans to so I wanted a little wiggle room for those on the whim reads. I am sure a few dystopians and YAs will make it into this list along the way.

I even set up a shelf on Goodreads that is all ready to be used. How organized am I? :P

So are you going to tkae part in this challenge this month? If so, what do you plan on reading?

28 comments:

  1. You are going to fall in love with the Kate Daniels series so hard!!! And anything from McGarry is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to start some of these and do get caught up on the others!

      Delete
  2. Good luck! I decided not to make a list and pick books depending on my mood. It's been awhile since I've been able to read whatever I want, so I'm feeling a little like a kid in a candy store! I'm hoping to read 8 books, so impressed that you're shooting for 22! Have fun!

    Terri @ Alexia's Books and Such...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexia, I think that is a great idea! I hope you make your goals!!

      Delete
  3. Holy shizzballs. Yes! Written in Red is awesome!!! I am confident that you will love this, Ali. But, hey. You never know. Stranger things have happened. Lol. This is such a great challenge! Unfortunately, there is no hope for me. I wish you luck, though!

    happy reading. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started it and am enjoying it so far. It is different, but in a good unusual sort of way.

      Delete
  4. Girl, that'swhy I keep a reading calendar because deciding what to read next is as stressful as deciding what to wear on a date! I spy some great books on your list. I hope you love Bishop & that Elemental Assassin book is the best in the series so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am liking it so far!
      I am excited to read more of Gin and bunch, I really do like them.

      Delete
  5. I am doing this challenge as well. I committed to 11 of them, but I also have a few scheduled reviews due that are of new books. Hopefully this will be a very productive months for me. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it will for all of us that signed up! Good luck!!

      Delete
  6. Crap. I forgot about Dangerous Girls. Dammit. I just finished What a Boy Wants, so now I'll read Written in Red. had to start with a quickie to get me going. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. *bounces* OMG..you are reading Written in Red..oh lord if it doesn't rock your world- don't tell me. You are rocking some awesome books for the challenge..enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to read Written in Red too. I hear so many awesome things!! Dangerous Girls is fantastic - I really hope you like it!! this is such a fun challenge; I'm not taking part, but I DO hope to read a lot this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maybe Someday is an all-time favorite of mine! And I loved Hopeless too. Oh, and Pushing the Limits - some great reading ahead!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited to hear you say that! I am hoping I just love them all!

      Delete
  10. Oh my gosh. I really don't know where to start. I began scrolling through your thinking "Yes!" and then "Oooh I want to read that" so on and so forth. I think I said something along those lines for every single book you have. I can't wait to see what you think of some of these books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it is so hard when you see what others have planned to read because you want to add them as well!

      Delete
  11. Wow! You have some heavy hitters on that list. I havne't even thought about what I am going to read yet. I hope you adore Anne Bishop. I am itching to get a hold of book three tomorrow. I also want to read Dangerous Boys and Girls. I am slowly catching up on Ilona Andrews. I adored Hopeless and I know you will as well. Happy March.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heidi and good luck with your reads as well! :D

      Delete
  12. I just read Maybe Someday last week and loved it. It was my first by that author. Highly recommend. I have Written in Red in my tbr list as well.I hope you enjoy all the books on your list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy to hear you say that, I do love her books! I hope you enjoy WIR as well!

      Delete
  13. To read lists are so hard! Written in Red is on my list too! I just read another good review on it. On Dublin Street does have a bad cover. So many have that whole not kissing but close thing. Mara Dyer's been on my list too. You'll probably read it before me though, so yay I can see what you think first. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Molly and I am so glad that I'm not the only one that still has so many of these to read!

      Delete