Wednesday, March 25, 2015

WoW Pick of the Week



Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. It is a chance to share those new releases were are super anxious to get our hands on and read.

Okay even though the cover is just.. okay, I am so intrigued by the premises of this weeks choice so I couldn't resist adding it as my WoW choice.




Release Date: June 9, 2015 (Knopf Books For Young Readers)

Book Description:
At seventeen, Lain Fisher has already aced the Institute's elite training program for Mindwalkers, therapists who use a direct neural link to erase a patient's traumatic memories. A prodigy and the daughter of a renowned scientist-whose unexplained death left her alone in the world-Lain is driven by the need to save others.

When Steven, a troubled classmate, asks her to wipe a horrific childhood experience from his mind, Lain's superiors warn her to stay away. Steven's scars are too deep, they say; the risk too great. Yet the more time Lain spends with him, the more she begins to question everything about her society. As she defies the warnings and explores Steven's memories, it becomes clear that he's connected to something much bigger…something the Institute doesn't want the world to discover.


Lain never expected to be a rule breaker. She certainly didn't plan on falling in love with a boy she's been forbidden to help. But then, she never expected to stumble into a conspiracy that could ignite a revolution.



20 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this before, but it sounds interesting. I hope you enjoy reading it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I read the title, I thought I had an idea of what the book was about. When I red the blurb, I snorted at how wrong I was. I can't wait to read you review on this baby. :-)

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound like a good book! Just like every book that deals with seeing/reading other people's minds, I'm sure it'll make me glad it's just a book and not reality. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh forbidden romance, mindwalking and mystery - I can't wait to see what you think of this one Ali! I'm wondering is she reading minds or is it a science technology that some how enhances your ability. Whatever- I like the sound of it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa that cover has a little creepy factor going. Looks like an interesting one Ali!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? I think that is why I like it LOL!

      Delete
  6. I agree about the cover but the premise does sound interesting. It reminds me a bit of the Academy. Good pick!

    Great pick!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh if only I can have that treatment!! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. I meant, I'm curious. Sheesh. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh I like the cover of this, hadn't heard it of before, but thank you for putting it under my radar :) <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh I love this premise, kind of like a much scarier sci-fi version of Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Thanks for putting this on my radar!

    ReplyDelete